Saturday, October 10, 2009

She's a Teenager !

A few weeks ago Jeri told me that Nicki was having a birthday party to celebrate her 13th birthday, at their house, with several 12 and 13 year old girls attending. The weather was still warm, and the plan was for the girls to sleep in a large tent in the back yard. I told Jeri that she was a brave woman, but it sounded like lots of fun for Nicki and her friends. By the looks of the pictures Jeri took, it seems that the party was a huge success.







During the evening a friend and neighbor of Jon and Jeri dropped by, and he offered to take the kids wake surfing the next morning. In spite of being up most of the night doing whatever it is that teenage girls do at a sleepover (From what I am told, sleep was not involved!) the girls were up and ready to go out on the lake bright and early. Chris joined the party, and they all went out to wake surf, with varying degrees of success. Looks to me like they really had fun.






Where has the time gone? When Chris and Nicki were born, Mike and I were living in Branson, Missouri. It tugged at my heartstrings to know that Chris was growing and I was not there to watch him do it. So when Nicki was born, I told Mike to start packing. We were going home. Best move I ever made. But it just doesn't seem like 13 years have passed since I held my first baby granddaughter in my arms. There have been four more grandchildren born since that time, and I am so very lucky to be able to be close to all of them.

Happy Birthday, Nicki ! ! !


Love,
Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment