Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Doozey

I don't often get sick.  Which is a good thing because I am probably one of the worst kind of patient.  Good thing I live alone.  Anyone living with me would more than likely want to suffocate me after two days.  Grumpy takes on a whole new meaning when I am sick.

So anyway, it seems as though I can't make the transition between fall and winter without catching a cold, and this year it is a doozey.  I had a friend who had some medical training and he told me that it doesn't matter what you do, a cold takes 10 days to run its course.  I am on day 4.

I will return when I am all done coughing and hacking and sneezing and using up all the Kleenix in the house.  I don't care what my friend said.  I am making a big pot of chicken soup.

Can't hurt.

2 comments:

  1. My wife caught a cold, which lasted three weeks.

    Me? I've been threatened a few times with the start of a sore throat or just feeling like a cold was coming. Hopefully, I'll dodge the bullet this year.

    I hope your chicken soup works miracles and the cold leaves sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, thanks for the kind thoughts. Last year at Christmas time I had one of those three-week ordeals like your wife had. Not fun. I don't know if the chicken soup helps or not, but it tastes good. Each day is a bit better than the day before. I just don't bounce back as quickly as I did when I was young.

    ReplyDelete