Friday, January 27, 2017

Prayer Request

I don't often ask for prayers from my readers, but I am asking now.

A dear, long time friend took a hard fall, hitting his head.  After spending a few days in the hospital, in the wee hours of this morning, he died from his injuries.

My request is not for him, for I know he has met his Maker.  My request is for prayers for his wife.  She not only lost her husband of many years, but she has also lost her very best friend.  Their grown children and grandchildren have lost a wonderful father and grandfather.  My family has lost one who can only be described as a true friend.

Of those of you who are of a mind to pray, I would ask that you pray for the strength and courage his family will need to get through the next few days, and for God's blessings on them as they face life without him.

He was one of the good ones.

18 comments:

  1. So Sad.
    On my prayer list. And for you, too.

    Amish Heart in New Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for your friends family. We too are under the same stress. My FIL is close too. We saw him yesterday, and said our good byes, knowing his time is coming near. I have been thinking of the good times we all have had over the last 30 years. My wife has been quit and also on edge.

    Have a good weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amish Heart...Thank you. I don't know what else to do but pray.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Rob...Your family will be remembered in my prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Said a prayer for them and for you, good lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also saying prayers for his family and for you. SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Gorges. I knew I could count on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, SJ...This is a tough one, but I believe in the power of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i truly believe in the power of prayer...and also raindancing which i am doing for my friend Dani in south africa. we will add your friend and her family to our prayers and send our deepest condolences.

    kymber and jambaloney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, kymber...your prayers are truly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers and condolences for your friend's family and yours, as well as Rob's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Suz...It is a comfort to know so many care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. On my prayer list. He is gone, but his love for family and friends is still here and his memory be a blessing to all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spikessib...Thank you. There are so many good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear that. At least it was not drawn out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Harry...Thank you. He was in a coma-like state. I think living like that would be worse than death.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry, Vicki - will say prayers. Yesterday we just lost a friend to cancer. He was supposed to start chemo on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. CM...Thank you so much. I am so sorry about your friend. Life sometimes seems just so unfair. Praying for you and your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete