Friday, February 24, 2017

Sat in my rocker this morning...

 watching out the windows, waiting for the blizzard the weather people have been forecasting for the past few days.  You know how they are, at least how they are in snow country.  They get all wound up at the thought of a snow storm and act like it is the storm of the century.

Giving credit where credit is due, folks living 70 - 90 miles south of here have 10 to 12 inches of snow on the ground so far, so the forecasters got that part right.  But my little suburb was lucky to see maybe half a dozen snowflakes.  Not exactly the makings of the horrible Friday morning commute they have been warning us about.

There are many who are disappointed the storm missed us.  I'm sure those who ski or ride snowmobiles would like to see some snow.  The little we had is gone after a week of 50-plus temps.  Me...no complaints here.  I have kids and their spouses and a couple of grands who have to drive to and from work no matter what the weather and I am happier knowing they are driving on dry roads.

In a normal year, we are up to our backsides in snow by now.  That being said, here is what my oldest  daughter was doing last week.

"Golfing in February.  Awesome."

She has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh.  Laughter is the very best medicine.  :)

12 comments:

  1. I never complain when they're wrong about "impending" snow storms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I'm just amazed at the mild winter we have had so far.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't complain either, my commute is horrible with a bit of snow. Golfing in February....fancy that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn...That's the second best thing about retirement - I don't have to go out in the ice and snow unless I want to. The best thing is that I never need to set my alarm clock. :)

      That picture she posted on FB just tickled me. And I can't ever remember a Feb. with no snow at all.

      Delete
  3. OK. Blogger is being weird. Sorry if this is a duplicate.
    Glad your storm didn't materialize. We had just enough snow overnight to make a big mess. More on the way for Saturday night.
    The flu hit yesterday. I'm on 'all stops' for the next few days. Not even taking the dog on his usual walk around.
    Cheers, SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ...I'm glad it skipped on past us, too. I am so ready for spring.

      So sorry the flu bug found you. Rest, rest and more rest. Don't make the same mistake I did - thinking I was Wonder Woman way too soon. Sending a prayer for your complete and speedy recovery. Wrap up in your version of the "green fuzzy blanket," read to your heart's content and take care of yourself.

      Delete
  4. There have been times here where you could golf in February. A week ago I saw a few people in shorts. Yesterday it snowed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BW...There must have been other warm winters here, but I only remember the ones where the snow was so deep the cars parked on the street were buried. Last week I saw a couple of people wearing shorts, but the one thing that was a giveaway as to how warm it was, was the sounds of the motorcycles on the streets. Usually don't hear them until April.

      Delete
  5. It's turned cold here today, but no snow in the forecast. Just below freezing temperatures.

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry...We are back to colder temps here, too, but same as you, no snow forecast. I would be happy if we saw no more snow this winter, but March is coming up and that is usually a nasty month for blizzards. We have been lucky so far...

      I am better, but taking things slow and easy. The second time around for this flu was not good. Don't want to do it again!

      Delete
  6. When we had that deep freeze before Christmas, I though we are going to be up to our roofs in snow and ice, now who cares won't last very long since its SO close to March. I'm waiting for the experts to tell us we are under drought conditions.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob...I remember last fall the weather forecasters (maybe the Farmer's Almanac, too) were predicting a really cold, snowy winter. I'm glad they were wrong - so far. You may be right. We should be hearing about drought conditions soon if we don't get much more snow.

      Delete