Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Time Flies By

 Anyone else feeling like time is running out for us?

I look around and see so much that would have been condemned by my parents and the preachers who preached in small churches across our nation.  In my opinion, Mega Church preachers fall in the same category as politicians.  

I'm not going to dwell on the horror that is now my homeland.  You all know what is happening.  Contrary to the belief of those in charge, we the people are not - for the most part - stupid.  Stupid is when we believe everything we are told by our "betters."

Those in charge do not give a rat's ass about any of us.  They care about getting reelected so they can continue to line their pockets with their ill-gotten gains.  

I find that the bad news has become overwhelming.  I don't even try to keep up with it all anymore.  I scan headlines so I am aware if the hoards are headed into my neighborhood.  I can do absolutely nothing about the rest.

What I can do is make sure my family is taken care of when the inevitable happens.  And that is how I spend my time.  And that's where I have been.

Grocery prices are still heading skyward.  But I am still buying what I need to make sure my storage area is as full as possible, knowing that food will cost more next month than it does now.

Quarts of beef stew base (veggies and seasonings to heat, thicken and add canned beef cubes to for a quick meal), more chicken and the leftover stew veggies were all canned last week.  This week my grocery order includes frozen hash browns, broccoli and green beans to dehydrate.   In between the food processing sessions, I have been putting together and packaging dry soup mixes, flavored rice mixes and other dry mixes.  They are handy to just dump into a crock pot for an easy meal.

I have been spending evenings either crocheting an afghan or putting together quilt tops.  This winter has been unusually warm for Minnesota.  Today it is 43 degrees here in the Minneapolis area.  Mid-February normally finds us shivering in sub-zero, snow blowing, frozen slippery roads weather.  Still important to finish the quilts.  This heat wave could turn icy in a flash.

No election will save us.  No politician cares what happens to us.  Only a miracle can change things back to the place they should be.

Our only Savior is Jesus.  If we forget that part, we really are doomed.


8 comments:

  1. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
    Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cancelled cable and don't watch any of the 'news'. Not because it's depressing but because they are all liars! It's like a deadly health diagnosis. Give it to the Lord Jesus and Thy will be done. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you. I haven't owned a TV for years. I get my news from the internet and these days, sparingly. As I see it, the only help we have comes from above. All the rest is just political theatre. Blessings on you and yours!

      Delete
  3. We're indeed on the same page, Vicki. I stick my head into the "news" headlines a couple of times a day; that's it. I also peruse a few aggregate websites that usually serve up ACTUAL NEWS up to a few WEEKS before it appears on the MSM outlets. If one spends too much time in that rabbit hole, someone's bound to come along and fill it in on top of you!

    Yeah, I've been seeing grocery prices heading up again. My wife told me that an 18-pak of eggs went from +- $2.00 to almost $5.00. Our hens are cranking out the eggs right now, so store-bought eggs are more of a benchmark for grocery prices for us than anything else. I've also seen GAS prices sneaking upward again. As much as we can, all we can do is pay for tomorrow with today's dollars. The Wile E. Coyote fall and spatter for the country is a matter of when, not if...

    No, we're not voting our way out of this. Upcoming elections may affect the trajectory of our country's crash, but only to the point of ditching in open ocean instead of crashing into the side of a mountain. As with ancient Israel, the salvation of our people will only come with its return to following God. Given what I'm seeing lately, that's not happening anytime soon...

    Larder deep
    Powder dry
    Bible open

    God bless you and yours, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that very same page we are on, Pete. And aren't we glad we are. For that puts us much more ready than many. I have to wonder what those who believe everything is just dandy will do when they find out it isn't.

      I stay away from a good share of the news and the political press releases mostly because I do not like being lied to. They lie. We know they lie. They know that we know they lie. And they lie anyway.

      I don't see things getting better any time soon. Or ever. Those who want to keep us under control are doing a fine job of it. Except for some of us who know how to say "Nope. Not gonna do what you say." (Did you see where a new Minnesota law says the AR type rifles have to be turned in or registered with the state. Registration is so they will be easier to confiscate when that time comes. Tyrants!!)

      The larder gets deeper. Powder is dry. And my Bible is in use. God help us, Pete. And may He richly bless you and yours, my friend.

      Delete
  4. Rob Here, I don't watch any local news... It's like shampoo. Wet, soap, rise, repeat… I scan Fox News several times a day. Among other sites.

    I have other issues that take up my time. Stay Safe. The best thing going right now is spring training for baseball, always welcome the end of winter is near

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Rob...I have to agree that spring training or any other activity, for that matter, has to be better than anything happening in DC! Take care.

      Delete