Friday, September 10, 2010

It's That Time of Year Again


My grandchildren are really good about calling me to let me know what is going on in their lives. I got one of those calls from Maddie the other evening. She had just started First Grade and was so excited about the experience. She told me all about it and it was such fun to listen to her tell me about her day. She now goes to the same school as Boston and it sounds to me like she absolutely loves it. After she ran down a little bit, and after telling me that she loves me, Maddie handed the phone to her sister.


Boston just started Third Grade, and she told me all about her class and her teacher and friends and that she really likes school this year, too. When she finished, I told her that I love her, and she replied that she loves me more.



Jacob won't start pre-school until October, but he couldn't be left out of the ritual First Day of School picture taking session.


I am so happy that the kids love school and hope that they keep that level of enthusiasm as they grow older. But mostly, I am happy that they share that enthusiasm with their Grandma.

2 comments:

  1. Me and Maddie love school. Now that we are going to the same school, Maddie loves it. She likes it so much she could sleep there.
    Love Boston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! Crazy how fast the kids grow!

    Jeri

    ReplyDelete