Sunday, October 24, 2010

Turkey and More Turkey

On Friday of the past week, Duane came to town and took me to do some grocery shopping.  He is a glutton for punishment, because he always hauls the groceries upstairs for me.  I wasn't too rough on him this time, though.  I think the heaviest things were the two turkeys I got on sale.  Couldn't pass them up.  This is why.



Yep.  That's how I spent my weekend.  Canned turkey, turkey broth to use in soups over the winter, and half a dozen jars of homemade turkey gravy.

Now if I can just find a place to store it all..........

4 comments:

  1. Mother, you need to get control or your house will be full of canned food and no place to walk! Just kidding. Glad your enjoying yourself.
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is getting close to that already!! But you are right. I am having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could store some of it here...lol Duane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, but I'm thinking that might be a long way for me to go for a jar of turkey for my supper! Appreciate the offer, tho!

    ReplyDelete