Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dunderhead

Sometimes.....not always.....but sometimes I can be such a dunderhead.

My son, daughter-in-law and their three children are in Kansas City for Boston and Maddie's dance competition at Nationals.  Incidentally, the kids thought it was really cool that they drove in four states on their way to Kansas City.  Anyway, David called to let me know what time Maddie and Boston would be dancing last evening and this morning.  Maddie was first last evening.  And this is where the dunderhead part comes in.

Staci had left a link on Facebook so those interested could watch the girls dance on a live feed.  I found the site, got logged in and was really excited to watch my beautiful grandbaby dance.  I love to watch her dance.  She so clearly loves what she is doing.  But there was a monkey wrench thrown into the works.  This competition is so huge that there are three stages of performers going on at one time.  And the live feed that I had in front of me was not the stage where she was scheduled to dance.  I clicked on links, searched the entire website and finally found the feed for the stage where she was performing.....10 minutes after she and the two girls in her trio had completed their performance.  AAARRRGGGH!


Here is Maddie in the center, with the other girls who form the trio, just before they went on stage.  I know that Maddie will forgive me for being a dunderhead and missing her dance, because she loves her Grandma.  Her Dad tells me that the girls did an awesome job.

Boston's solo performance is scheduled for later this morning and I am ready.  I have bookmarked the page I need to open to see her dance, I have a fresh pot of coffee brewing and there are appropriate snacks at my elbow.  I'm not gonna miss this one!

Good luck, girls.  Knock their socks off!

No comments:

Post a Comment