Thursday, October 3, 2013

Still At It

So this morning I added 32 pints of chicken breast and 10 half pints of sausage crumbles to my shelves.  20 lbs. of potatoes have made their way through the dehydrators.  I still have 12 lbs. of sausage waiting for me, and another 30 lbs. of potatoes.  Should be able to finish up by Saturday evening.

But today I took a bit of a break.  I live in a very old building that was, like many similar old buildings, divided into apartments.  Whoever designed this apartment must have thought that the resident would never cook or bake or anything else in the line of processing food, for they put only about 18 inches of counter space on either side of the kitchen sink.  There are no other counters.  Because of the lack of counter space, my kitchen table gets a workout, and anyone who has done food preservation will attest to the fact that it is a messy process.  So I spent the day getting my kitchen back in order, finding the top of the table again and putting away the jars and bags of food already processed.

And then I took a nap.  Just because I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment