Thursday, May 14, 2015

Rain, Rain...

The weather radar screen shows solid rain for today, slowly moving north from Iowa.  No storms, but just a steady drip, drip, drip.  It is expected to last all day.  Most are glad to see it.  My sons are not.

Oldest son works mostly outside, driving a forklift, loading and unloading trucks.  Last evening he came home and told me that until further notice he would be working from 6 AM to 6 PM Monday through Friday and 7 AM to 3:30 PM on Saturday, starting today.  He was really happy about the chance to get in some serious overtime.  The rain...not so much.  But last week he bought some rain gear, so he is prepared.

Youngest son spent yesterday loading a large rental truck with boxes, bins and tubs full of his family's belongings.  Today the movers come to get the heavy furniture.  And tonight David's family will sleep in their new home.  Luckily the new house is only a few miles from their old house, so it isn't like they have to travel far.  But unloading the trucks in the rain will not be a joy.  The kids are excited.  I think by now Mom and Dad are too tired out and just want to get the moving part over with.

Me...even though I have been told several times before that because I am not made of sugar, I won't melt in the rain, I don't think I will test the theory.  It is a good day to sew or crochet or work on Granddaughter's photo album.  Last night I took a 12 lb. turkey breast out of the freezer to thaw and will roast it later for supper.  The best part is turkey sandwiches made with the leftovers.  And I think a nap is probably in my future as well.

Unless you are in a drought area, I hope your day is dry and sunny.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, please - send the rain this way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani...Oh how I wish I could. We have been so fortunate to have had the rains this spring. I feel so bad for those who are living in dry conditions and need the rain so badly. All I can do is pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could your son put a small tarp over the top of his forklift? I'm assuming it has a roll cage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorges...His forklift has sort of a makeshift roof and he says that helps some. His rain suit keeps him pretty dry. Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete