Sunday, March 3, 2019

Dear Politicians, Both State and Federal:

I see you have been busy devising more ways to deprive we honest, law abiding citizens of our Second Amendment rights.  For instance, in my state of Minnesota, there are two bills pending:

"...One bill calls for universal background checks for any and all gun transfers in the state, including family members passing down an heirloom hunting rifle or shotgun, or a friend giving a gun to another friend. There are fears it could lead to the government compiling a list of gun owners. Another bill allows people to go to a judge with concerns about potentially dangerous people owning guns, and allows the judge to confiscate those weapons before going through due process."  (from the Lakeland Broadcasting Website)

There is no law that will prevent the bad guys from getting their hands on guns.  Your laws will not stop bank robberies, convenience store robberies, gang related shootings or the actions of a man who wants to shoot as many school children or concert attendees as possible.  None of them.  Because criminals don't care about your laws.

So before you get to the point where you want us all to turn in our guns, and don't think for a minute that we don't know that is the ultimate goal of politicians, I really wish even one of you would tell me all about your plans to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, because so far, none of your ideas are working, except to make it more difficult for we - the ones who you work for -  to defend our lives and the lives of those we love from the bad guys.

I'm waiting..........

14 comments:

  1. Our right to defend our lives is from GOD; not man. I'd rather be considered a "felon" for exercising a constitutionally and Divinely protected right, than to be killed at the hand of those the politicians want to do nothing about... End of story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely spot on, Pete. If I am not willing and able to defend my own life and the lives of my family should it become necessary, then there is no point of even getting out of bed in the morning. I'm thinking there will be a whole lot of us 'felons' in the not too distant future.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gorges...
      PS...Your unicorn/elf meme today made me giggle like a school girl. :)

      Delete
  3. Vicki, you could not have said it any better! Lex mala, lex nulla...bad law is no law! CW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW...As far as I am concerned, any law that puts restrictions on gun ownership is a bad law. Anyone who went to school when they still taught world history knows what happens to the population in a country where firearms are banned. Either I am getting grumpy in my old age or I am getting real tired of government telling me how I should live. (Kicking that well used soapbox back into the corner now. :) )

      Delete
  4. Well Vicki, Don't hold back, how do you really feel about this. LOL This has been going on for so long its not even funny. I guess that flint rifle you have is still safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob...I'm not so sure anything is safe any more. Little by little the Dems keep chipping away at our right to bear arms. One thing I do know for sure - those northern boys aren't about to give up their deer rifles!

      If I didn't hold back, I likely would get in deep trouble with those in the "Cult of the Easily Offended." :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with you. Years ago there was a saying, "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Are we getting close to that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy...I think we are probably no more than one vote away from destroying the Second Amendment. I'm guessing we would be there by now if the Dems weren't so very busy trying to destroy Trump!

      Delete
  6. Common sense gun control is no different than drivers license. You think because you reginterested your cars the government is out to control how many you have or take them away? You have an everyone is out to get you attitude that is really not reality. Stop being so we and they and remember that a lot of the stuff being put out is to get you to knee jerk to their way of thinking. TheRe is always a middle ground. Stop the hate. Calm and sensible and work together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon...I don't see any government entity threatening to take away our cars unless you buy into the Green New Deal nonsense. I see legislatures on both the state and federal level offering up bills intended to remove as many guns from the hands of the honest citizens as possible. Gun control and drivers licenses are not the same thing. I will not be defending my home, my property, my family or myself with a car. If you think for one little bitty minute that government has no serious intention to disarm us, then you are living in a delusional world. There is no middle ground. There also is no hate on my part. Just common sense backed up by history. And a Constitutional amendment that says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.

      Delete