I bought 6 jars of grape jelly a while back. The good thing was, they were on sale. The bad thing was, the jelly came in 32 ounce jars. There is no way I can eat a quart of grape jelly before it starts growing mold. Jelly isn't supposed to be hairy.
So I decided this morning to try something with it. I opened one jar, dumped the contents into a sauce pan and heated the jelly over a low flame until it became liquid. Then I poured it into half pint jars and hot water bath canned them for 15 minutes.
I wasn't at all sure the jelly would jell up after being melted, but it was worth a try.
It worked. Now I have my sale jelly in small enough jars so that it will be used up before it goes bad.
Think outside the box.
Monday Memes And Memories
3 hours ago