Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I Have Been AWOL

There has been considerable activity in my little apartment lately. 

I spent the weekend happily sewing on quilt tops and hope to do the same this coming weekend.  I will post some pictures when they are finished .

Monday was taken up with the normal household chores and giving my grocery order to the nice lady who calls for it.

Tuesday the home health nurse was here and we got the schedule figured out.  They will begin working on my legs as soon as they receive orders from my doctor.

This afternoon I have an appointment with my doctor.  It irritates me to have to see the doctor when I am not sick, but there it is.

Thursday is grocery delivery day.  I have ordered the ingredients to make several kinds of soup to can.  I seem to have used quite a bit of soup from my shelves and need to replenish before winter.  I can do most of the prep work while sitting at my kitchen table which helps.

Friday the home health nurse will start treatment of my legs.  I found that I can order the supplies through the nursing service which will save my kids the trouble of having to shop for them.

The cleaning service hasn't shown up as yet, but my case worker tells me that should happen within a week.

Some time back my youngest son wanted to know if I was available on a certain date.  I told him I would have to check my calendar, knowing full well I didn't have a calendar nor did I need one for my quiet lifestyle.  His response was asking me to pencil him in for that date and he and his siblings have teased me about my busy calendar ever since.

The way things are shaping up around here, I may just need one.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Good morning. Look at you go.Wow -busy.
    I,too, have to some times see the doctor just to keep my prescriptions going. Really, as if the prescriptions are going to change. I feel your frustration.
    Way to go on the canning!! I've used my Instant pot twice now. Love it. Went to the thrift yesterday to get some baking dishes that will fit inside it. Wanting to try some other recipes that I've found. The one of real interest is cheesecake. Oh, I can just feel my pants shrinking.
    It's freezing here, literally. But clear. Good thing as we'd have a lot of snow on the ground if there was any precip.
    Cheers, SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ...Aside from the upcoming canning, I am lots busier than I care to be! I suppose I will eventually settle into a routine, but when we are used to being alone most of the time, it is sort of a shock to the system to have people in and out nearly every weekday!

      You can bake in the instant pot, too? Wow! Cheesecake sounds wonderful, especially with cherry pie filling on top. You can always mail me a slice. (My Dad made the best apple pie ever. Sometimes when I called him, he would tell me about this delicious apple pie cooling on his counter. I would suggest he mail me piece. He always said he tried, but the pie wouldn't fit in the envelope. Another standing family joke.) :)

      Still cold and dry here, too. Some snow is predicted for the weekend, but doesn't sound like it will amount to much, which is just fine with me.

      Delete
  2. My life is boring in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BW...I am not used to having people come and go here in my little apartment. Until I settle into a routine, I think I would prefer boring!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Gorges...I think I may soon long for the days of boredom. :)

      Delete
  4. Lots to do makes the time fly by. I always feel like I will remember things without a calendar...but I never do. I always feel like there is something I was supposed to be doing lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn...At my age, the last thing you want is for time to fly by. :)

      I have to write everything down or I forget, too. This isn't just an old age thing. I have always been this way!! It gets tricky when I forget where I put the list. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you may need a calendar. Busy, busy busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina...Once I get settled into a routine, things shouldn't be quite so chaotic. At the end of the day, I think the results will be worth it, even if I have to get a calendar. :)

      Delete