Sunday, March 18, 2018

How to Spoil Mom

It has been a lovely day here in my little Home Sweet Apartment.  It started out just grand with Oldest Son sharing some delicious caramel rolls for breakfast.  The rolls combined with several cups of mighty fine coffee were the perfect way to begin.

I find I am a bit burned out when it comes to crocheting.  I managed to get all the granny squares sewn together.  All I have left on both afghans is to crochet three rows around each for borders, but I just couldn't make myself work on them today.  Instead it was a day of reading and napping and movie watching.  There was nothing constructive happening here and I enjoyed every minute of being a sloth.

Duane said he would be going to the grocery store and did I want anything.  I had seen that they had bacon on sale so I asked him to bring me several packages as the price was nearly half of what I would normally have to pay.

Later this afternoon Duane showed up with a couple of grocery bags and and big grin.  He set three packages of bacon on the table.

And a box of Little Debbie Nutty Bars, my go to treat.

And a bag of jelly beans.

And a great big package of smoked whitefish.  I dearly love smoked whitefish from Morey's Fish Company, located in northern Minnesota.  Years ago we had a cabin on a lake north of here and we would usually stop at Morey's on the way to the cabin to pick up some smoked fish.  Once in a while when Duane went fishing in the northern part of the state, he would bring me some smoked fish, but it had been several years since I had any.  I didn't know that Morey's fish could be found locally, so this was a surprise.  I ate half for lunch and the rest for supper. 

And that's how this Mom is being spoiled.  :)

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you made out like bandit! - lol - I'm glad you have such good kids, both for your sake and because I enjoy reading about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Gorges...like a bandit indeed!!
      They are a good group and I am really lucky they are mine.

      Delete
  2. Mom, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Its nice to be able to spoil you once in awhile .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son...You kids do a pretty good job of spoiling me. I am really enjoying the goodies. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was, Kristina...They sure know how to bring a smile to my face!

      Delete
  4. awww...you are good momma! you deserve it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary...but I know I will never get the Mother of the Year award. I think it is mostly the luck of the draw that gave me such good kids. :)

      Delete