Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Way it Should Be

For some reason known only to the computer gods, when I click on the YouTube icon, the first thing that pops up is the live feed from the Duluth, Minnesota canal that the cargo ships use to go from Lake Superior into the Duluth harbor to load or unload whatever they are hauling.  I have no idea why this happens, but as I enjoy looking at the scene, I just left it alone.

If you would like to take a look, here is the link.  Duluth Canal Cam - YouTube

The scene can be peaceful on a sunny day, or it can be full of the violence of waves crashing over the barriers or onto the shores.  In the spring there are huge slabs of ice floating in the canal.  In the winter, the snow piles up on the walkway.  But in the summertime, people line up the entire length of the canal walkway to watch the ships and to wave at the crew members. 

It is interesting to get a close-up look at the massive ships entering and leaving the canal.  And to hear the horn salute between a ship and the lift bridge at the entrance of the harbor.  It is fun to watch the people.  I didn't know that some scooters have headlights and taillights.  Now I know.  

But what I saw today made my heart glad.  There is a fairly large patch of lawn near the canal.  I watched two children - maybe toddler age or a bit older - running in circles, chasing one another.  Their pure joy was obvious.  After a while an adult - probably their Dad - joined them in a game of Tag.

It crossed my mind that this is exactly what the lives of kids should be.  Running.  Playing.  Happiness.  

But how many kids are deprived of that joy.  How many are being groomed by drag queens.  By those who want to convince them that boys are not boys and girls are not girls.  By those who think it is OK to mutilate children who are not old enough to understand what that means for the rest of their lives.

If adults want to cut themselves up or pretend to change their gender, they can do so.  They are grown-ups.  Kids are not.  I pray that we can return to some sort of sanity that allows kids to just be kids.

There has got to be a special place in hell for those who hurt children.  Has to be.


16 comments:

  1. Amen, Vicki.
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindaG...Having become Great Grandma within the last couple of years, the exploitation of kids hits home. What is happening to them has to stop. Now. God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I agree. Kids need to be kids, and parents need to stop meddling in their play. Life isn't complete until you fall off a bicycle, get stung by a bee, play in the rain, and learn how to be friends. Those that try to discuss the gender of their children with their children should be horse whipped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess...I understand that this ages me, but growing up, parents were there when we needed them. But playtime was ours. Rode a bike down "Killer Hill," across the railroad tracks and landed in the ditch on the other side. Climbed trees. Caught crawdads in the creek. Was a kid. Lived to tell the tale. Poor kids today have 'play dates.' I feel so sorry for them.

      Abusing children is a whole other ballgame. And kids can be verbally abused as well as physically. My mother would have been horrified to find anyone talking gender issues with me. And if a drag queen came within 100 feet of me or my sister, Mother would have ripped her face off. Sometimes I think we really need the mothers and fathers of times past.

      Delete
    2. Jess, I can tell you from personal experience that it's more often the likes of teachers and school districts that meddle in the lives of children. I was stationed in the San Francisco Bay Area for quite some time while in the Coast Guard. My wife and I saw this "woke" crap coming down the pike way back then. It wasn't the parents promoting these abominations, but the schools, DESPITE the objections of the parents!

      ...I don't know what the answer is here. With God out of the picture in most every facet of society, this will only get worse...

      Delete
  3. Vicki, they're getting at the kids before they can even SPEAK now. If you want your day ruined, tune into "Cartoon Network" or even "Sesame Street" and see what's being pumped into the minds of toddlers and preschoolers. Behavior and messaging such as what is seen on TV these days should be a jailable offense, but is instead CELEBRATED!

    ...All I know is that GOD is NOT happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...I am still waiting to see consequences for messing with the kids. I do not understand how any of this 'grooming' of kids is OK. But apparently, they are getting away with it. All I know is that I would not want to be in the shoes of those who are condoning all of this when the day of judgement comes.

      Delete
  4. Dear Friend, I am very familiar with the Duluth Canal site; have watched it for many years. Duluth has been a favorite destination of our family for several decades and it is a great place for family vacations too.

    What a positive thing to watch and enjoy! Few children today truly get to enjoy the childhoods of yesteryear as we did. Thank you for sharing! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW...I often watch the kids playing on that lawn or watching the huge ships pass under the lift bridge or getting all excited when the horns ring out a salute. Kids should be able to enjoy just being a kid without all the stupidity they are taught these days. Yesterday wasn't perfect, but it was a darned sight better for kids than the present!

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicky... those that are pushing these awful values on children are leaving God out of the picture... they think the creation is more intelligent than the creator... they think they are the highest conciousness in the universe...they live for 70 years or so and are gone...sadly they forget they were once kids themselves and didn't care about any of the stuff they push as adults ... usually on other peoples kids since their lifestyles don't permit natural parenthood , Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meant Hi Vicki...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patrick...I believe that we here in America find ourselves in the middle of total insanity because God has been removed from most areas of our lives. There are still some of us who are faithful, but not nearly enough.

    I don't care how you spell my name, Patrick. I'm just glad you're here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again Vicki ... about a mile from my place there is a large methodist church in the wealthy area of my town . Cascading down from the bell tower with the Cross at the top are strips of rainbow colored bunting about 40 feet long by a foot wide ... at the bottom the church added a beatitude " blessed are the woke " nothing after it like " for theirs is the kingdom of heaven " unlike the blessings of Jesus when He preached the originals ( they all had a blessing follow up ) . Makes me wonder about the people in charge of the place ! ... Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick...Looks like Satan won over another one. Obviously that church pastor has no understanding of the gospel at all. I find it really sad that a house of the Lord would be so blatantly compromised. I would have the same concerns as you about the elders and I for certain would be taking my church membership elsewhere!

      No wonder the country is in so much trouble.

      Delete
    2. Wow, am I not surprised! Years ago I was told by a pastor's wife that their retirement from the Lutheran Church would be based on their congregation's generosity collected annually. She said that if a pastor made a member of the congregation mad and the member left it would then result in lower tything, therefore reducing what the pastor would receive in their pension. IF that is the case, the pastor of a church would be penalized monetarily in retirement. If the church board or liberal membership raises a fuss, I think the pastor may be influenced to do what is wrong but in their best financial interest.

      Does anyone else know if this is true for many other church's?

      Delete
  9. My family loves going to see the ships come in and out of the canal in Duluth.

    ReplyDelete