Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Time To Remember And Enjoy

 My last post started with a description of children playing near the Duluth Harbor Canal.  Yesterday my son sent me these pictures of my Granddaughters at the same canal.  



These pictures were taken a number of years ago.  Both girls are now college age.  But the pictures remind me that even while we prepare for an uncertain future, we need to take time to enjoy family, friends and the world around us.  

I have been busy dehydrating food.  My last grocery order included 6 bags of frozen corn and 6 bags of frozen broccoli.  I like dehydrating frozen vegetables as the necessary blanching has been done before the veggies were frozen and all I need to do is spread them out on the dehydrator trays and dry them.

Dehydrating 10 lbs. of potatoes are a different story.  Those I peeled, diced, blanched for 3 minutes and then dehydrated.  I use these mostly in soups or stews I make in a crockpot.

I have some canning of whatever I find in my freezer to do, but since the temps here in Minnesota are predicted to be in the 90's for a while, that will have to wait until the next cool down.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our preparations that we forget to live our best lives.  My Granddaughter's pictures remind me that it is equally important to enjoy our time on this earth as well.


12 comments:

  1. I completely know what you are saying. My husband's company was bought by a Canadian company and all they have done is over work the employees. He hasn't been home to do anything lately. We can't get any projects done either like a new coop, or simply get the yard mowed. When he does get a day off, he's too tired to enjoy anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina...Sadly, many companies fail to recognize that their employees are real people with real families - not robots. We all need time to relax and do something other than work. Pray your hubby will be able to do that soon.

      Delete
  2. Well said Vicki and a good reminder. And I love the pictures of your GDs!
    cheers, SJ now in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ...I think sometimes we forget to stop - breathe - and relax. And yeah, the pictures made me smile and remember. :)

      Delete
  3. What great photos, Vicki. :)
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LindaG...They brought up some great memories! Take care and God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  4. What adorable kiddos! We just got back from a family wedding on the East Coast. Phones were pretty much turned off and we really enjoyed visiting folks we don’t get to see too often as well as meeting the brides large Italian family. Wonderful memories were made.

    Lucy and Tigers Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LTM...Both grands grew up to be beautiful young women who make their grandma proud. :)

      How nice to be able to connect with family and meet the newest additions. We need those connections. I am so happy for you that you were able to do that!

      Delete
  5. Hi Vicki , Stopped by my daughters for fathers day , when I drove up my youngest grandson ( 8 years ) had a table set up and was selling mangos from a neighbors tree... ( with permission ) ...we had eggs waffles strawberries w/cream and of course mangos! ... for lunch . Neighbor said take as many as you want ... ( there were 100's on the tree ) ... they were top of the line Indias too ! Memories from a time past ... God blessed that Sunday for sure ! Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Patrick...What a lovely day for making memories! I am so happy for you and your family. We have memories of all sorts of things, but the ones with family are the very best. And I think God might just enjoy blessing our family days!

      Delete
  6. It seems like these photos were taken yesterday, not years ago. And how time flies. We need to take the time to make memories with our loved ones.
    Thanks, mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Son...Your family excels at making memories, which is one reason my grands have grown up to be good people. And the pictures remind me of time spent with those kids. Thanks for sending me the photos. Love, Mom

      Delete