Saturday, August 26, 2023

Sigh

This morning I watched the live webcam of the Lake Superior Canal at Duluth, Minnesota.  I enjoy watching the people who line up to watch the huge, long, low ships enter or leave the harbor with their loads of grain or iron ore or taconite.  There often are sailors on deck who wave to those in the crowd.  I enjoy hearing the ship's horns blowing a salute to the lift bridge that raises high to allow the passage of the ships, and to hear the bridge's answering salute to the ships.

But my favorite view is of a rather large, grassy area just north of the canal.  Often the activity there, mostly children playing, is good for the soul.

Today I saw several seagulls either walking through the grass or flying in circles low over it.  And in the middle of that activity were three or four toddler sized kids playing "Catch the Seagull."  A bird or two would land and the kids were after it until those birds on the ground took flight and a couple more took their turn at being chased.  Looked to me like both kids and birds were enjoying the activity.

Sometimes - particularly these days - we need the gentle distraction of kids chasing seagulls.

Looks like the government types are gearing up to try to control us with more pandemic rules and regulations.  I already find that mask mandates are in effect, particularly in health care facilities and colleges.

I saw this morning where the government has an alcohol czar who has decided that no more than two beers a week should be allowed.  Now, I no longer drink alcohol, but it still seems to me that might be a personal choice.  Does no one recall how well Prohibition went in the 20's and 30's?

The final example of pure insanity I came across was the article that said Biden thinks we should regulate ceiling fans.  Apparently, the fans use way too much energy.  But electric vehicles don't.  Sigh.

Yep...some days watching kids chasing seagulls is vastly better than facing the reality of our new world.

Oliver Anthony's song, "Rich Men North of Richmond" is truer than anything else I have heard for a while.

Keep stacking it high.  Stay on bended knee, praying.  It is coming at us like a speeding freight train.  Get ready.


19 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Vicki. It is disheartening to see the same crap happening again.
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What amazes me, LindaG, is that the powers that be assume we will just roll over and comply. I truly hope that enough of us will just tell them to go pound sand!
      God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Vicki, most people went along with the "lockdowns" and "mandates" the first time around because they honestly didn't know what to do, and at the time still trusted the likes of the CDC. We know that the whole thing was a steaming pile of bovine BM now. Those masks were the ultimate outward symbol of compliance and submission. As a PEOPLE, we MUST stand against it this time!!! If we don't, it's all over.

    ...Keep your powder dry and your Bible open!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...Some in my family went along with the mandates simply because they thought it might get their lives back to 'normal.' Of course, now we know that our idea of normal doesn't exist anymore. We know whatever they say we must do has nothing to do with our safety and everything to do with control.

      I saw a couple of videos this morning including Pinball's. He had a good point. What happens if those who wish to control us are ignored? No, I will not buy an electric stove. No, I will not change out my ceiling fan. Try to starve me out? I have enough put away to eat for a very long time.

      Since I am too old to run very far, I believe noncompliance is the route I shall go. Bullies can't handle being ignored.

      Dry powder and prayer. Absolutely!

      Delete
    2. I just knew you are right there with us, Rev. Paul!!

      Delete
  3. My new favorite -- Jason Aldean "Go Woke Go Broke" ...but watch out for some/lots of 'f-bombs'.
    SJ now in California

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ...I am not a fan of harsh language - particularly f-bombs. However, in the context of this song, nothing else could make the point as well. It says what the rest of us have been thinking.

      Delete
  4. Vicki, I have the same sense (literally writing about it now). The world is slowly spinning out of control as Our Social And Political Betters (OPASB) attempt to re-apply the same script. The difficulty for them (I think) is that the world has moved beyond that point, even if they have not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things will never go well until those supposed betters come to the understanding that basically, all we really want is to be left alone to live our lives as we see fit. Until that time, there will be more attempts to control every aspect of our lives. Noncompliance may be our only hope.

      Delete
  5. Mark Levin tonight..."What is happening to our country." He says it all. Him and Newt.
    Hold on!
    BarbaCat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BarbaCat...I will see if I can find it and watch. I have respect for both Levin and Newt. They seem to know the meaning of truth.

      Delete
  6. Spot on as usual! I am not sure what all these ridiculous "regulations" are designed to do, but I believe their over-stepping may be pushing people into an attitude of overall non-compliance. Or maybe that's my hope!

    Meanwhile I continue to stack-it-high and pray...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, it's sbrgirl aka Robin

      Delete
    2. Robin...I am noticing there seems to be much more pushback on the stupid rules and regulations and mandates this time around. People don't seem to take kindly to government interference when all most of us want is to live our lives and be left alone. I have hope for a better outcome this time. Tyrants don't do well when simply ignored!

      I am with you on the stacking and the praying. Take care!

      Delete
  7. The tyrants cannot do it themselves
    Someone else turns off the water and electricity
    Why?
    Are they all automatons?
    Or just stupid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make no mistake. The tyrants are far from stupid. They employ others to do the dirty work. They can have utilities shut off if they wish. They can try to control every aspect of our lives with their rules and regulations and mandates. The only way I know to fight them is with noncompliance.

      Delete
    2. But exactly who are actually turning off the lights?
      Tyrants don't do their own dirty work.
      .it has to be regular people complying madly

      Delete
    3. All I know on the subject is stated above.

      Delete