Friday, September 1, 2023

Here we go again.

When will the government types learn that all most of us want is to be left alone to live our lives the way we want.  Within a civil society - Yes.  Within the law, provided stupid is not part of our laws - Yes.  Without hurting others - Yes.  

Apparently, the first virus go-around didn't scare us enough to knuckle under to whatever the powers that be think we should do.  From what I have seen from those who know more than I do, another round of idiocy with more of the same regulations is on the horizon.  Some health facilities and schools have already issued mask mandates.  My answer to that is...


accompanied by a double middle finger salute!

I also have no doubt that the next rounds of vaccines are already bottled up, waiting to be plunged into the arm of some poor person who actually believes politicians.

I wonder why we hear nothing about flu season any more.

On another note:

I have tried over the years, without being too preachy, to introduce some of the younger nurses I see weekly to the concept of preparedness.  I might be sitting at my kitchen table when they arrive, repackaging food items for long term storage.  Or I might be filling water bottles.  Or there might be several jars of home canned foods ready to go on the shelves.

A couple of the older ones have gotten busy stocking up.  When I see them, they like to tell me what they are working on.  But most of the younger ones - far the majority, look at me like I have grown an eye in the middle of my forehead.  

Sometimes, in order to get rid of the headache, we need to stop banging our heads against the brick wall.

I am so done.  If asked, I will answer to the best of my ability.  But time is becoming too short to waste it trying to teach those who have no desire to learn.  

Although arthritic hands tend to make pressure canning a bit of an adventure, after taking stock of the chicken I have on the shelves, I am orderng 12 lbs. of chicken breast this time around to can in half pint jars.  Living alone as I do, I find the half pints just the right size for sandwiches or to have slathered in BBQ sauce for supper or for adding to a cold macaroni salad.  So I will give one more try to pressure canning.  The small jars are light enough in weight to be manageable.

One thing about us preppers - we rarely give up.  We soldier on even when things get tough.  For we know that if bad things happen, our families will be taken care of.

And that's what it is all about, isn't it!


8 comments:

  1. I was able to get a religious exemption the last time Biden tried to force the jab on me. My guess is that he and his fellow traitors will do their best to eliminate that option this time around. The last thing they want is this HUGE group of de-liars pointing fingers at their steaming pile of bovine BM's. I've already talked to my wife about this. If it comes down to "Take the jab or lose the job," I'll lose the job. Yeah, it's going to suck, but less so than what people I KNOW have had to deal with after being "fully vaxxed." "Film at eleven" on that. Meanwhile, with that "What if?" hovering over me like a CIA drone, I'm going through my canned goods and dry stores to bolster them, because chances are, if I'm not allowed to work "unvaxxed," I'll have issues doing things like buying food as well. You know; that "mark of the beast" thing...

    I don't preach prepping anymore, Vicki. For one, no one listens; especially, as you've seen, the young. For another, it exposes me as a prepper. If people didn't learn from "the lockdowns," nothing I say will penetrate the petrified grey matter between their ears. If someone ASKS me for prepping advice I'll be GLAD to give it to them. Otherwise, I've gone grey... and not just on my head.

    No, I won't give up. It's a matter of principle to me. I'll do what I can to survive just to be "hot coals on the heads" of those who wish me gone! ...For the record, my middle fingers are developing a sort of "muscle memory" as well... Our political class is screwing with a guy who was born in NEW YORK and ended up a retired SAILOR! OHH, can I PUSH BACK!!!

    God bless and keep you and yours, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...I'm doing the same. Going through my stash to see what I need. I no longer have a job to worry about losing, but every now and then one or the other of the politicians make noises about reducing or eliminating Soc. Sec. Don't know if I would want be the one to face a throng of irate gray hairs should the tyrants take away the only source of income many of us have. They keep referring to it as an entitlement, but we paid for it. They are the ones who stole a good share of it already.

      I refuse to give up as well. A while back I told my kids that my goal in life was to live long enough to become a problem to my children. I may have succeeded, but the same goes for government. If they want to continue this crap, I'm pretty sure I can find a way to irritate them. Refusing to comply heads the list.

      God bless and keep you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I think I'll use the words of Nancy Reagan to "just say no!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Pete says don't be exposed as a pre phy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work with several veterinary interns (horse hospital) and associated young techs and do not elaborate about my doins. I have always told em at work when asked what I do for interests/entertainment that I raise a few goats and go fishing... Sometimes they ask about the persimmons or figs or whatever different snacks I take with me and do tell em I grow them but only elaborate with a couple known coworkers about such. At this time going grey is necessary imo.
    Oh, and I'm sure you know but as a fellow arthritis sufferer .. Use it or loose it is a real thing. Even if the jars are smaller🙂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie...I think you are spot on about going grey. I may discuss preparedness here but when it comes to those I personally see, I am very selective as to those with whom I share information. I guess I am at the place where if they were happy ignoring what is happening around them, I will not waste time trying to educate. Instead, I talk about other interests like quilt making and genealogy.

    I am pretty sure that as a fellow arthritis sufferer, you will understand that once in a while, I wimp out. I decide canning or some other activity is too painful or just too hard. But usually within a couple of days I find myself planning what I will can next. Thing is, this is a lifestyle for me. As much as I fuss about pain, I don't think I have it in me to just quit. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete