Monday, October 16, 2023

Don't Care

I don't care what Trump is doing.

I don't care who becomes Speaker of the House.

I don't care that there are those who believe in multiple genders and I surely don't care if they are butt hurt over 'misgendering.'

I don't care what your sexual preferences are and I certainly do not wish to celebrate whatever they are.

I don't care what the news networks say for most of it is lies.

And I really do not care what most politicias say or promise, for not only are they liars, most are bought and paid for.

There are some things I care about.

I care about my grocery bill being more expensive by the week.

I care about what my great-grands will be taught when they reach school age.

I care about fuel prices heading skyward.

I care about illegals getting free everything while our vets are homeless and many of our citizens are suffering.

I care that the current administration allows our borders to be open with God only knows how many terrorists entering at will.

And I care that nobody in power gives a rat's ass about those who put them into office.

Mostly I care about my family and what could happen to them if the crazy doesn't go away.

Things really do need to change.

It is time.

15 comments:

  1. Vicki- I couldn't have said it all any better. God help those of us who believe and care about our great USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon. Get ready and stay safe.

      Delete
  2. It is not going to be good
    Brace yourselves

    ReplyDelete
  3. DITTO! And well said! My sentiments exactly. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am just so very tired of needing hip waders to stomp through all the bullshit. And it never gets any better.

      Delete
  4. Preach it, sister!
    My addition to your list:
    I care that Amercians trapped in Israel are going to have to pay for their flights home, but illegals can fly to the city of their choice for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me: sbrgirl. Don't know why it made me anon.

      Delete
    2. What frustrates me, sbrgirl, is that the moment a person crosses our border illegally, they become a criminal. And yet they are provided whatever the need to take care of their needs, while so many of our own citizens who live their lives within the law, go without. And those who have the power to do something about it refuse to do so. It is a screwed up mess.

      Delete
  5. Amen Vicki! You have a clear view of what’s important and what isn’t.

    What frustrates me no end is that there is little I can do about the larger issues, besides vote, and we can all see how well that’s working ;)
    So I’ll just do the best I can in my own micro-environment and leave the rest to the Man Upstairs.

    Prayers going up for all of us.
    Lucy and Tigers Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LTM...The frustration is strong here as well. The fact that so many can't - or won't - see what is happening right in front of their eyes is astounding to me. My only solution is to keep busy. And more than that, I find it profoundly sad that our nation is so incredibly divided on so many things. Thank you, politicians.

      Delete
  6. I fear I have become something of a fan of Col. Douglas MacGregor. He appears to be shtumping for a group that I have high hopes for, here:

    https://ourcountryourchoice.com/

    He envisions an apolitical movement that will restore bipartisan accountability to American politicos, get control of the border, end the endless foreign wars, not having perversion and woke nonsense forced on the kids at school - etc.

    I wish we had something like this up here in Canada. I don't think anyone is happy with the way things are going in our respective countries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glen, for the link. I didn't know about this, and it gives me hope to know there actually are some who want to get us back to where both our countries need to be. I watched the first video and will go deeper as time permits.

      Seems to me we could combine your fearless leader and mine and still not come up with two functioning brain cells to rub together. Unless things drastically change, both our countries will sink like the Titanic, soon. God help us all!

      Delete