Tuesday, September 24, 2024

This and That

Potatoes, chicken legs and pork are canned, jars washed, labeled and on the shelf.  I am amazed at the amount of peace this gives me while living in a world of chaos.

And because the era of the "spring chicken" has long since passed for me, yesterday was spent on genealogy research that is mostly done by sitting at the computer.  And quietly regaining strength.

I know that many find pouring over census, birth and death records as dry as dust, but for me it is sort of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.  And it has the added benefit of showing the younger generations that they spring from God fearing, hardworking, salt of the earth good people, with a few rogues and reprobates thrown in for good measure!  And that is worth every minute of time spent on this endeavor.

Fall has arrived, but here in Minnesota, Mother Nature seems to have not received the memo.  Still hot.  Still humid.  I realize that "hot" in Minnesota isn't nearly like "hot" in other parts of the country.  But we are weather wimps.  We tend to melt at anything more than 80 degrees!

In between the food preservation and wading in my gene pool, I find I have several partially finished quilt tops that need my attention.  And because eventually I will see lots of snow outside my windows, I had better get busy and finish them.  Nothing better on a cold winter day than to snuggle under a warm, handmade quilt.  Each of my Grands and Great-Grands have a quilt I made.  And since finding out that there is another Great-Grand due to arrive in early Spring, I need to work on that as well.

Someone once told me that I would be bored upon retirement.  They were dead wrong.  

Keep stacking.  Keep praying.  The world around us is looking sketchy at best.  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and your family on the new Great-Grandbaby! God bless you all, Vicki. ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete