Monday, September 16, 2024

What's Next

They have tried to get rid of Trump.  Every way they can think of.  Including an attempt on his life and now another.  And the man is still standing.

Nobody will be able to convince me that God doesn't have a hand in keeping this man alive.

And nobody will get me to believe that evil forces are not at work across our land.  Just look around.

Now it is a matter of waiting to see what happens next.  Those in power simply can not abide anyone in control who works for the people.  Who believes that American citizens should come first. 

I talked with a friend this morning.  We agreed that if we could find a time machine that worked, we would send ourselves back in time to a place where kids could play in the park without being kidnapped, where neighbors visited over coffee and cookies on the porch of a summer evening, where it was still safe to go grocery shopping unarmed, that is if we could still afford groceries and where we could let Rover or Kitty outside without worrying they would  become someone's dinner.

My family has ancestors who fought in the Revolutionary War.   They made sure their descendants could live lives free from tyranny.  I believe they would be sorely disappointed that now the fight is over which bathroom to use and which pronoun is acceptable!

Those who are still "woke" and those who reside in the land of unicorns and fairy dust where nothing bad ever happens really need to wake up.  I'm not saying that the next election has the potential to solve all of our problems.  But if we continue down the path of destruction we find ourselves on now, it is all over except the crying.

8 comments:

  1. I was on my way to work this morning when a guy in another car passed me, yelling something as he passed. We ended up next to each other at the next stoplight, where the guy proceeded to go into a DERANGED rant of verbal diarrhea directed squarely at me. My heinous crime? A Trump bumper sticker on the back of my car. Apparently, in his withered brain, it's no longer OK to vote my own mind. I simply said "Adjust your meds" and started moving forward. His F-bombs went nuclear. So did my middle finger... These people have truly been indoctrinated into a cult, Vicki... I can only imagine what this guy is like to work or live with...

    God, please help us all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...Seems to me that what is known as "Trump Derangement Syndrome" is a real thing. I read of examples nearly every day. I don't remember people being that stupid, but here we are. I guess that brainwashing is easier than I thought. Times like this I am really glad to be housebound! I know that I don't need to tell you to be careful. But be careful, my friend. Those folks are crazy!

      Delete
  2. Hubby was a Son of the American Revolution, too.
    You are both so right.
    God has said He WILL save America. We just need to pray and do our part.
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindaG...I find it sad that there are those who are willing to throw away everything our ancestors fought for. God bless, my friend.

      Delete
  3. Just going to work and minding my own business wasn't enough.... I should have paid more attention to local elections. I have always voted in presidential elections but paid little attention to local politics. But its where it mostly starts. Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Local politicians are the embryos of future national politicians... Local elections matter...

      Delete
    2. Prime example. Our governor here in Minnesota. Has done his very best to wreck a beautiful state as a local politician and now is working to ruin our country in a national election. A pox on them all.

      Delete
  4. Annie...You are spot on about local elections. Did a bit of digging and found that here in Minnesota we not only have sanctuary cities, we now have sanctuary counties. Thank you, local politicians!!

    Glad you are still with me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete