Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Gaggle of Geese - A Snit of Yorkies


I have had dogs in my time who could pout. Did it pretty well. Barney the Cocker Spaniel comes to mind. When I refused to share my meal with him, he would turn his back to me and grumble. Seriously. Other dogs over the years have expressed their displeasure in various ways. But my Yorkies do it best, hands down. They win. They are good at it.

Early last evening I decided that Lily was in desperate need of a bath. Yorkies have beards. Beards collect food. As she dives head first into her food bowl each day, her beard had collected enough to feed a family of four. So into the kitchen sink she went. Lots of nice aloe vera doggie shampoo. Pretty smelling conditioner to keep her skin from drying out. Should have made her feel better. A nice warm bath makes me feel better. Didn't quite work out that way.

Lily was in a snit.

Noun 1. snit - a state of agitated irritation; "he was in a snit"
annoyance, botheration, irritation, vexation - the psychological state of being irritated or annoyed

Yep. It was a snit alright. Stayed as far away from me as she could get. Wouldn't take a toy when offered. Wouldn't chase a ball. Just kept her head turned away from me a lot.



The snit quickly turned into a pout.

pout 1. To exhibit displeasure or disappointment; sulk.

Stalked across the living room, crawled into her little doggie bed, gave me the Evil Eye and stayed there the rest of the evening. The girl knows how to pout. No amount of sweet talk or cajoling would move her. Even the well loved chicken strip treats wouldn't budge her. So I went to bed, leaving her to think up ways to speed up my entrance through the gates of Hell.



And this morning she was right back diving head first into her food bowl, begging for a treat after, barking to keep the bad trucks on the street outside away from me and in general, back to her same hyper, saucy self.

I love Yorkies.

No comments:

Post a Comment