Monday, July 26, 2010

Jacob Versus the Dilly Bar and Salamanders


David called me today, just to see how I was doing. After talking for a time, he asked if I had checked my email today. I hadn't. He told me that he had emailed me a picture of Jacob that was taken last Friday. The stick in his hands used to hold a Dilly Bar. Most of the Dilly Bar can be seen on Jacob. But it sure looks like he enjoyed it.


A couple of hours later, I got another phone call from David. He told me to check my email again. He had just sent me pictures of Jacob with a salamander. David added a deck to the back of his house earlier this summer, and was doing some landscaping around it. While digging holes to plant some bushes, he found a couple of salamanders. Thinking that the kids might like to see them, he put them in a bucket. Looks like Jacob is having a pretty good time with his little friend.





I gotta admit that my mind wanders off in strange directions now and then. While looking at these pictures, all I could think of was a line from an old Bugs Bunny - Daffy Duck cartoon, where the Abominable Snowman says, "I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him." Perhaps I will completely grow up one day, but not today.

Good luck to you, George the salamander.

No comments:

Post a Comment