Thursday, April 17, 2014

Just Say No

So I'm standing at the kitchen counter, building myself a sandwich.  As usual, my two little ankle biters are by my feet, waiting for me to drop a piece of meat or cheese.

I'm afraid I might step on one or the other.  They have such small bones that being stepped on could have disastrous results.  And if I should trip over them, I could easily do myself a mischief.  So I've been trying to break them of this habit, to no avail.

Today I gave up on everything else I have done, trying to discourage them from being underfoot.  I just said, "No."  I didn't yell. I didn't raise my voice in any way.  Just a firm "No."

To my complete amazement, they turned in unison, left the kitchen and entered their respective kennels in the living room.



They really scare me sometimes.

8 comments:

  1. Dani...That's probably it. But I was thinking that the same approach didn't work too well with my kids when they were young. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mighty Dachshund won't TAKE "no" for an answer. I think she might be spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorges.....Nah...Not the Mighty Dachshund! Couldn't possibly be spoiled. Not any more than these two! I think this was probably the first time both have actually minded me. The shock was nearly too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have had "the look". That's worse than a loud voice, or a rolled up newspaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are up to no good. We had 14" of snow from the storm yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess.....Yep. Gave them the "evil eye." My mother never had to raise her voice to me. That look would take care of the problem every time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rob.....It's kinda like living with a couple of three year old kids. But they make me laugh, so it is OK.

    Wow!! You really got hit hard. Nothing but rain and a little bit of sleet here. I looked it up. As the crow flies, we are under 40 miles apart. Amazing the difference in snow amounts in such a short distance.

    ReplyDelete