Friday, September 20, 2019

A Drama Free Life

There have been a couple of days of R & R going on here.  That is par for the course when one has been going nuts with canning.  Now fully rested, it is time to get busy again.

I have eight more whole chickens in the freezer and hopefully my long, tall son will drag four of them out tomorrow so they can thaw and I will then cook them up and can the meat.  I have plans for the last four chickens that include ordering a variety of fresh and frozen vegetables that will be delivered Thursday next week to layer in jars along with the chicken for chicken vegetable soup to can.

Other than plans for the next few days, life just goes quietly on.  There is enough crazy and drama in the news, so I don't need to create any here.  The biggest thing happening will be the arrival of my daughter tomorrow, who has promised to show up with bags of shredded zucchini for my freezer.  I may have to keep some out for a loaf of zucchini bread.

Most times a quiet life and zucchini bread is far preferable to the insanity around us.

14 comments:

  1. My grandma used to make a great chocolate zucchini bread. I miss that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One Family...I have had zucchini bread made with applesauce or with pineapple, but have never had any made with chocolate. Sounds delicious!!

      Delete
  2. Look up lemon blueberry zucchini bread. I make mine with a lemon glaze. Oh my gosh it is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nano...That sounds wonderful! I will absolutely give it a try.

      Delete
  3. A+ long tall person the drag things out of a freezer sounds handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...Having my long, tall son living next door has been a huge help to me.

      Delete
  4. Vicki, so good to hear from you again and know all is well on the home front. The homecanned chicken and chicken veggie soup sounds wonderful. I have also been continuing with my food preps/storage. I spent the day vacuum sealing pasta, beans, and rice. Then I still thought I had enough energy to can some beautiful ripe tomatoes so they are presently in the canner. I am going to spend the weekend canning more tomatoes and dehydrating more veggies. Winter is coming and the nesting syndrome has kicked in for real! Have a wonderful weekend and pray for our country...CW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW...I was sort of holding off with any more canning until the temps dropped some. The heat and humidity are forecast to drop tomorrow. In the meantime I had several small bags of sugar, flour, pancake mix and rice to repackage. I really like having the chicken veggie soup on the shelves. It is good as soup or with dumplings or thickened over biscuits. And I am nearly out. I have been hitting the prepping hard, too. Winter is my time for crafty stuff so the more I do now, the more time I have to play later. :)

      Delete
  5. The already shredded zucchini sounds like a real winner. Your daughter knows your love language!

    Beautiful fall day here. Didn't do much but run two errands and play with the puppy.
    Cheers, SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ...Yep. Jeri knows how to make me smile. And she is even shredding it for me. Bonus!!
      Hot and humid here, but with the promise of cooler tomorrow. Hope the puppy play day was a good one.

      Delete
  6. You've got your priorities right, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorges...I think it is probably that I am too old to have much patience With drama any more. Give me some peace and quiet and I am a happy woman. :)

      Delete
  7. i have enough drama here at home. No need for the news or TV shows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob...I'm lucky. Those drama filled times for me are done. But I remember them well.

      Delete