In between taking care of the necessaries - washing dishes, getting a crock pot meal going for supper, sweeping the kitchen floor - I am working on Granddaughter's afghan, which seems to have taken on a life of it's own! But I think the end may be in sight. It is a lot bigger than planned, but that's OK. Just taking more time to complete than I thought.
So as a diversion from the boring aspect of sewing together all of these little granny squares, I flipped on the police scanner for Minneapolis. I am always astounded at the things people will do in order to gain the attention of the police. The following are the dispatcher's calls from between noon and 2 PM.
- Two black males breaking into a patio door using a crowbar.
- One black male in the center of an intersection, suspected to be high on drugs, trying to take his clothes off.
- Welfare check on a person who is likely on crack.
- Report of three small children sitting on the front steps of a home. Parents are inside and won't let the kids in. (temp is 46 degrees)
- One white male picked a fight with a construction worker.
- Group of five individuals shoplifting at a major department store.
- Unidentified person driving off without paying for gas. License plate numbers don't match the car.
- Intoxicated black male harassing shoppers trying to enter or leave WalMart.
- Black male stopped for careless driving. Identification comes back to person wanted in Illinois for forgery. Known to be armed and dangerous.
- White male wearing a trench coat (I'm not making this up!) reported for public urination and indecent exposure (on a busy street corner).
- Female juvenile detained at a store for shoplifting.
- Two male bus passengers, harassing and threatening other passengers.
- Out of control 14 year old female - breaking furniture, destroying objects in her home.
- Two black males, both wearing black hoodies, seen breaking into a house. One is carrying a bag. Caught trying to escape in a waiting van.
These calls didn't include the usual traffic stops or calls about domestic abuse. Neither did they include fire calls or those involving medical issues. These were just the ones that caught my attention.
I guess there really is no cure for stupid.