Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Homemade Bread


I really love homemade bread.  I don't make it very often in the summertime.  The oven heats up the apartment to nearly unbearable.  But yesterday morning the temperature outside was in the teens, a few snowflakes were blowing past my window and it seemed like a good day for baking.

My Mom made the most delicious yeast rolls in the world.  So using her recipe, I stirred up a batch.  I could tell that it had been a while since I kneaded bread.  A hot shower got rid of the aches in my arms and shoulders!

Not content with just rolls, I made another large batch of bread dough.....enough for two loaves and a pan of cinnamon rolls.  If I am going to make a mess, I might as well make it worthwhile.  All of it turned out really good.




I miss having kids around to swipe hot rolls just out of the oven, slathering them with butter.  Or fighting over who gets the heel from a warm loaf of bread.  Eating the heel isn't quite as much fun if you can't beat a sibling to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment