Thursday, January 22, 2015

Off The Radar

I will be off the radar for hopefully, a short period of time.  I have fluid build-up in my lower legs.  This has caused ulcerated areas to appear above my ankles where the fluid is draining.  These areas have become painful and no home remedy is helping.  There seems to be no sleep for me tonight due to the pain.

My children have ganged up on me and bawled me out for not going to the hospital Emergency Room before this.  So this is to my children:  You win.  And you are right.  I am as stubborn as you say I am.  If any of you read this before I call you in the morning, I am ready to go to the Emergency Room.  I ask that one of you take me.  The ambulance service charged me over $1400 for a ride across town for your Step-dad seven years ago.  Don't want to think of the cost now.  Don't want to have to pay that much for a five minute ride.

I need to get this fixed.  I need to get my life back.  And I need to let go of stubborn so my kids will quit yelling at me.  :)

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting it looked at. I'll say a prayer for your ankles and your injured pride. lol You have good kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorges...Thank you. Prayers are appreciated - for the legs. I need to deal with the injured pride myself! :) And yes, I have very good kids who love me enough to yell at me when I am being stubborn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi - hope you're getting the attention you need. Yup, in lots of instances, kids do know best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani...Just waiting on a call from one of the kids. They are making arrangements to get me to the hospital.
    Yeah, I know they are right. The stubborn me just hates to admit it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Get to the hospital Woman!!!

    And get well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If my van was fixed I would take time out of my day to get you there. I just hope kymber doesn't come down from Canada with her butt kicking boots on.

    You my dear need to listen to your kids and all of us. Take care, you can email me when you feel better and we can continue with our plans to take over....ooops said too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're like me, I don't go unless I am bleeding out, or unconscious. But I think you were wise to go get that checked out. I hope we hear soon that you are all well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness....I do hope you are healing! So glad your children are around to help you out! Will be here when you get back! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped in and read your post. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a quick healing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete