Friday, August 30, 2019

Just a Quick Note...

first, to say just how awesome I think you all are.  I tell you about people who mean something to me who are hurting and you are right there with words of comfort and most importantly, with your prayers.  I can not begin to find the words to express my thanks and gratitude.  I have had no further word on either of the ladies, but I will update when I do.

I will be away from my computer for a couple of days.  Yesterday I browned 12 lbs. of hamburger and chopped 2 lbs. of onions that went into my electric roaster today, along with other ingredients for chili.  The chili needs to cook a bit longer and then I will start the canning process.  That roaster holds a lot of chili!!  In between canner loads I am dehydrating frozen hash browns and bags of slaw mix.  And there are bags of flour, sugar and rice that came with my grocery order that need to be re-packaged and stored away.  Considering I move at the speed of a herd of turtles, I expect I will be busy most of the weekend.  :)

Hope you all can get out and enjoy the last hurrah of summer.  See you next week.

10 comments:

  1. Don't over do it please. So many of us pray for you daily. why ?? Someone has to keep teaching us the was of old... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry, Rob...Slow and steady. Mostly slow! Prayers are always welcome and appreciated. And I always return the favor, my friend.

      Delete
  2. Have fun, be safe and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindaG...I think the fun part is when we look at the accomplishments when we are finished. :) Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. Are you SURE you don't have a HIDDEN BUNKER under your apartment, Vicki? Where do you PUT all that stuff???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are gonna laugh at me, Pete. I have three large shelving units that are used for just my home canned foods. There is another unit for small appliances, fabric, yarn, etc. that I am in the process of re-arranging to hold more jars. I send cases of food home with my son who lives in the apartment next door.

      Folks who have breathing issues like I do, often find sleep is easier if we do not lay down, but sleep sitting. My recliner has been my bed for several years now. But it took me until last week to realize that even though I store my clothes in that room, it is not really a bedroom any more. It is now in the process of becoming a storeroom. The hidden bunker theory is pretty good, but I doubt the bicycle shop beneath me would be very pleased. :)

      Delete
  4. How is the food brigade coming, Vicki? Too bad we can't sit down and share a meal. It would be so fun to pick your brain....there is no telling what I would find in there.

    Hope the ladies we are praying for are doing well.

    Happy preserving. Look forward to the next installment.

    Fern

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fern... Got 14 quarts of chili in jars and froze 3 quarts. The dehydrating finished up today. I am fighting an ugly cold, so it might be a few days before I get serious about preserving again. I would love to share a meal, but what you find rolling around in my head might scare you. Although I doubt you are one who scares easily. There is always email.

      The nurse who lost the grandchild is doing as well as can be expected under those circumstances. The pregnant one is still on bed rest but I hear both will be back to work in another week or so. The power of prayer is astonishing!

      Delete
    2. Interesting. We put 14 quarts of chili in jars a couple of days ago.... We're eating on the extra 2 quarts.

      If you have something rolling around in your head, that's good. That means you haven't lost your marbles! (-:

      Take care of your cold. Glad your ladies are doing okay.

      Fern

      Delete
    3. Fern...There are those who would swear to the loss of my marbles. :) But I think it is when we stop trying to find better ways of doing things, when e quit experimenting with our canning, when we refuse to look at history to find ways to survive...That's when we are in trouble. Sometimes it all works out and sometimes - not so much. But at least we are trying.

      Delete