Wednesday, July 7, 2021

It Was Hot – Now It's Not

Todays temps here in Minnesota are a welcome relief from the heat wave we endured the last week or so. Early this morning we were at 57 degrees and now in the afternoon it sits at 67. I can live with this.

It rained yesterday and it was welcome. It has been a while since we saw any moisture. The gardeners and farmers have to be happy.

I can now run my pressure canner again without turning my little apartment into a sauna. Yesterday I canned 11 pints of chicken. Today it is 23 pints of beef/veg meal starter mix and 3 pints of cubed beef. There is still more food in the freezer to go into jars, so as long as the weather remains fairly cool, the canner will be running.

Everywhere I look on the web, I see warnings about the grid going down. That may be just rumor and fear or it could happen. Anything at this point is possible. I am not willing to take a chance on losing all the frozen food due to a power outage.

I see that I can expect someone to come knocking on my door to try to convince me to take the jab. I would like to know how the government knows which doors to knock on. Considering how the government manages to screw up nearly everything it touches, I am thinking this endeavor is not likely to go well.

Seems like each day is a new adventure in insanity. I was particularly dismayed to see how many used our Independence Day to spew hatred of our nation. Those of us who haven't been brainwashed into believing the idiocy of 'woke culture' understand that though we may not be a perfect nation, we are still the best there is. My thoughts to those who disrespect my Country, my Flag, my Anthem – don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way out.

The rest of us – be ready. Be prepared. Those Evil ones who want to rule over us will stop at nothing to get what they want.

But we have an Ace in the hole. We know that in the end, God wins.

10 comments:

  1. As the old saying goes...make hay while the sun shines. Good job and well done, Vicki. I sure hope people are waking up and getting their ducks in a row before it is too late. Take care and enjoy the cooler weather. CW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CW...I'm with you in the hope that folks will finally wake up. The way things seem to be headed, 'too late' is right around the corner.

      Delete
  2. "We know that in the end, God wins." - Praise His holy name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're due to see 105* here in the Wild, Wild West today. Such is the Wild, Wild West...

    Funny; the "woke" are always badmouthing the US of A, but none of them want to leave... Too much "free stuff" to lose, I guess...

    Now the sole resident of the White House Nursing Home is out to go door-to-door to "encourage" vaccination... O-O-O-H, I.CAN'T.WAIT until one of those dimwits show up at my door!

    Yeah; keep prepping, folks...


    ReplyDelete
  4. Pete...Guess I'm not going to whine about our piddly 98 degree weather last week! You have my sympathy.

    I wonder if any of those idiots who badmouth the USA realize they live in the only country on earth with a Constitution that gives them the right to say stupid things about their country and remain alive.

    And last but not least - Please, please, please knock on my door and try to convince me to take the jab. Please! I haven't had the opportunity to rip someone a new one in a very long time. If we haven't already hit rock bottom in this country, this stupidity - to say nothing of invading our privacy - is bringing us very close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "don't let the door hit you in the backside on your way out."
    Now if we could just get them to leave!
    You all be safe and God bless. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindaG...I think those who find our country so terrible should have to spend time in those countries that already are beyond terrible. The countries they are determined to turn us into. I'm pretty sure that before long they would be begging to return to the land of the free.
      Take good care and God bless you and yours.

      Delete
  6. Heat wave where I live. Last year it rained most of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BW...Seems it has been hot everywhere this year. Me...I'm ready for fall!

      Delete