Saturday, June 26, 2010

Comfort Food

I rarely sit around feeling sorry for myself. Let's face it. I have very little in my life to feel sorry about.

But this week I indulged in a short period of time wallowing in self-pity due to a summer cold. One of those nasty colds that just hangs on.....and on......and on. Makes me wish, just a little bit, that I still drank. Could have drowned it in brandy or some other suitable alcoholic beverage touted as a cure-all for the common cold. But alas, it was not to be. Just waited it out and sniffled a lot.

As feeling sorry for myself wasn't working real well, I decided to do something to make myself feel better - at least make my state of mind feel better.

Comfort Food! Great idea. I would bake some bread. I was down to my last loaf anyway, and hadn't been able to work up enough ambition for a trip to the grocery for more.

There is something therapeutic about smacking (kneading) bread dough. Gets out the aggression. Gets your mind off of your problems. Great upper arm exercise. So I stirred and beat and kneaded and shaped. Got a little bit carried away. But I now have my freezer stocked. And it worked. Forgot all about my cold.



I think I will go have a cinnamon roll now.

No comments:

Post a Comment