Sunday, August 25, 2013

It's My Own Fault

It is my own fault.  My Yorkies love, love, love the homemade dog food that I am feeding them now.  They get fed morning and evening.  It is not like they are starving, for I leave dry food down for them all the time, should they want a nibble in between feedings.

Supper time is between 5:30 and 6 PM.  Lately they have started pestering me around 3:30 in the afternoon.  A human being with a heart can only take so much of the soulful staring.  Or maybe they are giving me the evil eye.  I'm not really sure.

Anyway, the last couple of afternoons I have caved by 4:30 or so.

Which means that now they think they should be fed earlier in the morning.  Yesterday and today it was at about 4:45 AM that they started fussing outside my bedroom door.  I don't mind getting out of bed at an early hour, but come on.  I'm retired.  I don't have to get up if I don't want to.  The birds aren't even awake at 4:45 AM.

So now they have had their breakfast and are fast asleep - Lily in her little bed and Jessie Jane in her kennel.  That's where they always sleep.  And here I am, at 5:15 AM.  Wide awake.

Guess I'll go make a pot of coffee.

And yes, I know.  It is my own fault!  I'm such a pushover.

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law gas a Yorkie. I was never a big fan of the breed, until the moment I saw how much he adored my mother-in-law.

    His intelligence, devotion and love is something to behold. He's also an extremely friendly little fellow and enjoys all attention.

    So, now you can feel even more guilt when they show their exuberance for the start of new day and you're not quite ready to start your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, these two Yorkies came from a breeder who retired them and needed a good home for them, so they were older when I got them. I always preferred big dogs, but these two wormed their way into my heart. They make me laugh. They are excited to see me even if I have been gone only long enough to get my mail. They needed socialization because they were kennel dogs, but both have learned quickly. Jessie Jane is showing her age, but Lily is the Yorkie version of the Energizer Bunny. It doesn't matter how bad my day is, they make it better. And yes, the puppy eyes will get me every time!

    ReplyDelete