Wednesday, December 19, 2018

This is What a Positive Attitude Looks Like

This is Duane the day after he was admitted to the hospital.


This is Duane today with his Aunt Jeanine, who works at the hospital where he is a patient.


He looks 100% better than when he left my apartment a week ago.

Duane is getting therapy every day.  He says they are working him.  I said, "Good."  He is out of the fashionable hospital  gowns and into his own clothes, which will raise anybodies spirits.  :)

There was a family meeting with hospital staff to let them know how he is doing and what he will need when he goes home.  His siblings are looking into options.  He will need physical therapy.  He will need grocery delivery until he can drive again.  I'm sure there are other services he will need, but the kids are taking care of all of that for now.  They keep me informed and I talk to Duane daily.

I just wanted to show you all what a positive attitude and prayer can do!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Gorges...but most times I think they turned out pretty good in spite of me. :)

      Delete
  2. What Gorges said.
    And the power of prayer. And family.
    Still praying. Back in the late 80s, I had knee surgery and then 6 months of physical therapy. I have never worked as hard before or after --just to bend my knee and walk normally! Tell Duane therapy really works.
    Cheers, SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, SJ...It all works together for good. I am lucky that I have lived this long without needing any physical therapy. I don't need to pass long your advice. Duane always reads this blog and all the comments. But thanks for the prayers and encouragement!!

      Delete
    2. SJ,the therapy is very hard work. But I have high hopes for a good recovery. Duane

      Delete
  3. His smile is so uplifting... sending prayers for a speedy recovery. Glad he got into the Sister Kenny facility... I've heard great things about them. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carol...Thank you for your prayers. It is good to see him smiling. I don't mind admitting that he scared me half to death when he came over here and I called 911. We have been told that Sister Kenny Rehab is the very best place to be for stroke recovery. Doesn't hurt that his aunt works there and checks on him regularly!!

      Delete
  4. Glad things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rob...We are keeping a positive attitude and he is working hard to get better.

      Delete
  5. deb...Rehab is going well. Looks like he might be home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete