Monday, May 16, 2022

Bits and Pieces

Is anyone else tired of the nonsense?

God made man. And then made woman. And that is all.

Kindergarten teachers should not teach children about their gender. That decision has already been made at a much higher level.

If there is confusion about the matter, a quick peek inside knickers should tell a person what they need to know.

Apparently, lawmakers in Oregon haven't figured that out as they now require tampon dispensers be located in boy's bathrooms.

Really? That's what you people are worried about? I honestly didn't realize there were that many people whose common sense had left the building.

I have a couple of things to worry about that are a bit more important.

Like many of my vintage, I live on a fixed income that doesn't even begin to keep up with inflation. And there are many others, through no fault of their own, who are either out of work or working several part time jobs to keep food on their table and a roof over their heads.  Unlike those who stand in line looking for handouts.

My father was one of those who worked hard to take care of an invalid wife and three kids. He worked a full time day job, cleaned office buildings at night and fed turkeys and cleaned huge turkey barns on weekends.  He considered any kind of handout to be shameful.

I am proud to be that man's daughter.

I could say that the price of gas doesn't affect me because I no longer own a car. That would be wrong. Fuel runs the ships that bring goods to our shores. Diesel runs the trucks and trains that transport goods to store shelves. It also runs the farm equipment that is used to grow our food. Fuel prices affect us all.

Those of us who rent are finding increases now or in the near future. My rent is going up in July. I can afford the increase, but many who have kids at home are really struggling.

A few months ago my two week grocery bill was on the average $120. That included buying items for my preparedness food pantry. Last week the bill for a similar order was $240. I live alone. I prepare for my family, but doubt if I could feed my four children were they younger and still living at home.

Because I live a very frugal lifestyle, I can still manage. Many can not. And don't think for one little bitty minute that your government gives a rodent's behind that many are suffering. They would rather send billions of dollars to fight a war we are not involved in. They would rather send pallets of baby formula to our southern border for the illegals when our people find bare shelves in our stores. They would rather vote to kill unborn babies than to take care of those already here and hurting.

I don't know how to stop those power hungry, evil people who are hell bent on destroying this country and it's people. In my world, there are consequences for actions. That doesn't seem to be the case in their world. “Rules for thee but not for me.”

What I do have is faith. I believe that even if those horrible people don't get what they so richly deserve in this lifetime, they most certainly will in the hereafter.

I can not sort it out. But God can.

13 comments:

  1. Well said.

    I paid $2.339 a liter today for gas. Just over $85 for a half tank of gas. Canadian dollars -- and today I learned that $0.70 per liter is for various taxes and 'fees' levied by the govbt types. Our premier said Friday about the rising gas prices, essentially 'don't drive so much or carpool.' I can't wait until the next electiont to really let him know how I feel about his politics.
    SJ in Vancouver BC Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SJ...
      I would be in a world of hurt if I had vehicle expenses to deal with. And your prices are way beyond insane! I talked with a person today whose husband has been a truck driver for many years, driving his own truck. He was forced to sell the truck because he can no longer afford to run it. Here in the States, we are looking forward to expressing our opinions come the next election, too!

      Delete
  2. Vicki I agree with you and I live in Oregon. This state is run by the large cities of Portland, Eugene, Salem and Corvallis which are filled with the people who support all of this outlandish bulls**t. Oregon is also the most unchurched state of all the other states. We must pray, pray, pray and pray some more. That is our way to salvation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue...Many years ago I spent time in your state and abdolutely loved it. Had my kids been living in that area, I probably would have settled somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, for the country is some of the most beautiful anywhere. I can not understand how those who are supposed to be grownups can actually vote for something so silly. It is embarassing to those who still have functioning brain cells. Me...praying for the return of common sense. :)

      Delete
  3. We have had two fill ups of over $100 in our Chevy truck that is now a gas truck. Not sure what we'd do if we were paying for diesel in the same size truck.
    We miss our old truck; but thankful to God for this one when we found it.
    The demonrats want people beholden to them, that way they stay in power. They think.
    It is definitely in God's hands.He hears our prayers.
    You all be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindaG...I would not want a diesel vehicle just now. Regular gas prices are bad enough and getting worse on a regular basis.
      You are spot on. It is all about power and control. But they haven't figured out that there is one more powerful than they ever thought to be. And to Him I pray daily. God bless.

      Delete
  4. Diesel is a contrarian thing, folks. Yes, it's more expensive, but it also delivers TWICE the "bang" of gasoline, meaning much higher fuel mileage. I've owned 3/4 ton pickups with both gas and diesel engines. I would never buy something that big with a gas engine in it again! That being said, premium gas and diesel are both sitting at around $6.39/gal out here in the Wild West. I saw an article a day or two ago about a coming diesel shortage. Europe is shunning Russian fuel, so it only has our pipes to suck dry. This... is going to get interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...Thanks for the tutorial about diesel v gasoline. I learned something today and what you say makes sense. I also think that the advantages of diesel might be linked to what part of the country a person lives in. Here in the Great White North, those who knew about big trucks understood that when winter temps head to the below zero range, unless additives are added, diesel will turn to a gel, which caused major problems for those uneducated. That may have changed in the thirty years that have passed since I needed to know these things.

      My concern is that if a diesel shortage occurs, the retail shelves will be much more empty than they are now. Tough to run a semi or locomotive without diesel.

      My guess is that things are going to be more than interesting. The word 'dire' comes to mind.

      Delete
  5. Hello Vicki , all of your observations apply to many people in our age group ... young people now and also in the past are and were indifferent to the idea of reaping what they sow ... my thought on all of it is that not considering God as the creator , sustainer , and saviour of the universe leaves these people thinking they are at the top of the world ...no matter what point of view they are coming from they are thinking they are " it ". What a sad way to live ... has anyone wondered about these older politicos ... Clintons , Joe Biden , Nancy Pelosi ... also Bill Gates , George Soros ...etc. do they even think about there mortality ? Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  6. their mortality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick...A long time ago when I was young, honesty, integrity and morality had meaning. If my father shook someone's hand on an agreement, that handshake was better than a signed contract. These days it seems that any bad thing that happens is someone else's fault. At least that is how it is in the 'elite' circles.

      I tend to believe that those in power are not concerned with their mortality. They seem more concerned about accumulating more money and in deciding how the rest of us should live.

      Patrick, I am an old, fat widow living on a fixed income in a dumpy apartment in a state that sees below zero temps in the winter. I can absolutely guarantee that I am ever so much happier than those elite who have sold their souls.

      Delete
  7. Hi Vicki, I don't have the wisdom to know what happens to different types of people at death ... I have however paid attention to advice from Godly men and woman , also scripture ... and my own " built in " sense of right and wrong. I have never run across anything that suggests evil , greed , perversions , or individually liars , cheaters , thieves and murderers , will be forgiven at the moment of death ... forgiveness comes from God thru Christ before death as a free will choice ... also as you say Vicki ... how much better to live life with God always on your mind ... I can honestly say now that I'm pushing 70 ... 100% deaf ... with other illnesses that I have made the right choice , blessings eternal Vicki , Patrick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick...I can say that my personal beliefs in salvation run parallel to yours. I do not for even a minute believe that there is automatic forgiveness at the time of death. We have a lifetime to make those choices. I find it so much better to live with the knowledge that death will find me in the Heaven that was promised. Like many, I have made some really dumb mistakes in my life, but I have also been forgiven because I asked for forgiveness. Those who believe they are above us mortal sinners are in for a rude awakening. Me...I would rather have the peace and joy that comes with salvation than to have power over others. May God truly bless you my friend.

      Delete