Thursday, June 7, 2012

Did You Ever Have a Day...


when you just didn't feel like doing anything.  When all you wanted to do was stay in your jammies, read a good book, pet the dog, take a nap or two, and be just plain lazy.

Usually, I keep busy.  Housework needs to be done.  The hated and despised laundry piles up and shouts at me to get busy and wash it.  I usually have two or three sewing, crochet or scrapbooking type projects going.  I spend time with the pooches.  I like to bake, so I make goodies that I don't need but want all the same.  I experiment with using my home dehydrated foods to make soups, stews and the like.  I take trips to the grocery store or sometimes just go to the thrift store to nose around a bit and look for bargains.  When the weather is nice, I take the dogs out for some air and exercise.  Seems like there is always something for me to do.

But the other day I just didn't feel like doing any of it.  There was nothing wrong with me.  I felt just fine.  No hint of sickness.  Got up in the morning like I always do.  Fed and watered my fuzzy buddies, made a pot of coffee and sat down with my breakfast to plan my day.

And at that point, everything came to a screeching halt.  I found that I didn't really want to do anything.

So I didn't.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment