Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Black Friday

Black Friday has turned into Black Thanksgiving in my area, with more stores opening on Thanksgiving Day so crazed shoppers can fight each other for whatever electronic device is on sale.  Some people have even pitched tents at the front doors of stores more than a week ago in order to be at the head of the line to spend money.

There are a few retailers, however, who refuse to give in to this insanity.  The article about it is here.

Kudos to those stores who will not cave and will allow their employees to have the entire Thanksgiving Day to spend with their families.  Those are the businesses that will receive my money throughout the year and not just on one insane, greed driven day.

4 comments:

  1. The retail hoopla this year is beyond reprehensible. It's not even Thanksgiving, and I'm already changing channels when an ad appears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about the ads...I haven't turned my TV on for at least three weeks. Probably won't until after the New Year. I long for an old-fashioned Christmas of yesterday that was all about family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May your Thanksgiving be a blessed day full of warmth and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Jess. I wish the very same for you.

    ReplyDelete