Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Minnesota Students Get It

The following was posted on Facebook and on the Internet news page for the local television station.

"MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Some students at ROCORI High School are taking issue with the school’s policy that would prevent them from displaying flags in the parking lot.

The policy was revealed to students this week as they returned to class for the new school year.

According to the text of the parking permit application, “students are not allowed to display flags or banners from their vehicles while parked in the ROCORI school parking lot.”

Furthermore, the school says that “any violations of these procedures can and may be given a ticket or towed away at the expense of the owner.”

On Wednesday, a number of pickup trucks at the school arrived with American flags prominently displayed.



Community organizers have also set up a 2:30 p.m. “Support Our Students And Our Country” rally at ROCORI in support of the students displaying those flags. As of noon, about 30 people had responded to the Facebook event page."

We have allowed any mention of God to be taken out of schools.  School administrators have been known to send kids home for wearing a t-shirt with the American Flag on it, saying the picture of our flag might offend immigrant students.  A couple of years ago a kid here in Minnesota had been hunting the day before and forgot to take his shotgun out of his vehicle when he parked it in the school parking lot, which was against the rules.  He did the right thing by telling those in charge what had happened and asked permission to drive back home to remove the weapon.  School administrators called the police instead.

Political correctness is at an all time level of stupidity.  Under no circumstances should our flag be banned  From anywhere.  Period.

What really got to me were the comments on FB from adults condemning the kids for breaking the rules.  I suppose I should have expected it since I live in the middle of dimmocrat land.

But I will say this.  If my kid chose to break such an idiotic rule and fly the American Flag on his truck, I would stand behind him 100%.  Those students have more courage than the rest of the population who just follow along like lambs to the slaughter.

Good on you, Ricori students.  You make me proud.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gorges...That's what I thought when I saw the picture!

      Delete
  2. I agree with the students. This "MAY OFFEND" has me offended. I get offended when the illegals start waving the Mexico flag. CAP took off the USA Flag patch,From our BDU/ABU uniforms WHY?? Above my pay grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob...I think this appeals to me because the kids didn't protest, they didn't throw rocks, they didn't riot and all the rest. They simply showed up today with big American Flags on their trucks. "Gonna tell me I can't display my flag? Really?" And they just did what is right. Gotta love it!!

      Delete
    2. Tob.
      You are in the military and had to remove the flag from your uniform? If so, that is just crazy.

      Delete
  3. Well, I don't have a pickup, but I would find a way to fly a flag on my car. I am a Democrat, but I take offense at anyone who wants to live in the US and takes offense at an American flag on a tshirt. These whiners should live in a country where they like the flag. I am not a big flag waver, but I do support those who do display the flag anywhere, anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...That flag represents everything we believe in. For that school to ban the flag on school grounds is wrong on so many levels. A standing ovation to those kids who had the guts to say 'no' to a rule that should never have been imposed on them in the first place. They give me hope.

      Delete
    2. People who make rules are stupid sometimes. When I said I am not a big flag waver, I just meant I don't have one flying or one on my car. I could not manage to mount anything in the yard or on the house. You really don't have to explain to me what the flag represents.

      Delete
    3. Linda...I wasn't trying to explain to you what the flag means. I was just expressing my disgust for officials who make such stupid rules in the name of political correctness and my admiration for the kids who stood up for something good. By the way...the kids won. The news this even reported that the school officials backed off and will now allow the American flag flown the way the kids wanted.

      Delete
    4. This seems the strangest thing to ban!

      Delete
    5. Linda...I have heard of similar bans at high schools, but I never before heard of the kids standing up for their beliefs. I also have hear of places like townhouse communities where management has banned flags of any kind. I still think that is just wrong.

      Delete
  4. none of this is up to 'officials' to 'allow'.
    none of their business.
    when you step onto school grounds have you stepped out of the united states and onto foreign soil?
    as to the boy with the shotgun, he should have kept his lip buttoned or just walked out, driven home, taken care of business, and returned saying he had to leave for a minor emergency.
    all this kowtowing to 'officials' is very poor training for young men and women who are to take up the mantle of leadership of this nation.
    p.s.- we homeschooled ours. and don't ask 'permission' to homeschool yours, just do it. they are your kids!

    someone said the state has the right to educate its kids.
    i agree.
    every child to whom the state gives birth ,it may educate as it sees fit.
    every child to whom i gave birth, i educated as i saw fit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. golly, vicki! you pushed about all of my buttons with this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deborah...The article when I first read it pushed my buttons, too. Hence, the post. Ticked me off that someone tried to ban the display of our flag. I love the kid's response.

      Delete
  6. Good for those kids! I also like the fact it was a non-violent protest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn...The kids picked the very best way to protest. And it worked!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. BW...There should never be a ban on displaying the flag of your country - yours or mine. I just love the kids' way of dealing with the situation.

      Delete
  8. Restores my faith that some of these 'kids' really do understand the meaning of country. They definitely seem to know more then the 'adults' running the school.
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SJ...Rocori high school is the central school for three small towns in a farming community. It is just my own opinion, but I think farm kids are apt to be more patriotic than city kids. They are taught how to work. They are taught respect. And they are taught love of country and flag. Which is likely why they staged a peaceful protest for something they believed in.
      And good on them!

      Delete