Friday, April 12, 2019

This is Bella...


Bella is an 8 year old Rat Terrier.  Duane is taking care of her while his friend is on vacation.  And now I get to take care of her over the weekend while Duane is at work.  He will bring her home at night, but I get to play with her during the day here at Doggie Day Care.

There are rules involved with watching Bella.  No feeding her French Fries.  Or spaghetti.  We must toss her toy every fifteen minutes so she can play 'Fetch the Toy.'  Bella is allowed to lay on the back of the sofa so she can watch the world go by in the street below.  I must share my recliner with her at nap time.

Duane didn't bring any doggie treats with him, but I found that Bella dearly loves my home canned chicken cubes.  She is now my very bestest friend forever.

Poor Bella spent the first half hour this morning staring at my kitchen door, waiting for Duane to come back.  She is now on my lap, helping me write this post.

I think we're going to get along just fine.  :)

12 comments:

  1. I think Vicki's Doggie Day Care will be a happy place for Bella AND Vicki! Have a fun weekend you two...CW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW...I have really missed having a dog, so it is pure pleasure for me to have her at my heels - literally. Where I go - she goes! Have yourself a lovely weekend as well - hopefully minus the snow.

      Delete
  2. Bella's going to have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One Family...I think my day is likely going to be better than Bella's. She still hasn't figured out why her buddy Duane isn't with her. Me...I just love having her here. :)

      Delete
  3. Pets get spoiled big time don't they??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... she is beautiful!! Enjoy your time together! If she has a very nice time, maybe she can come over again another day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suz...She is a sweet little thing. I will volunteer for dog sitting duty whenever her owner wants. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad Bella is visiting you. I know it would be hard for you to take care of a pet long term but a little companionship never hurts. Without my dogs, cats, and ferrets I'd be lonely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too, Harry...Turns out I get to keep her a couple more days this week while my son is at work. Then she goes back home. As long as I can have visits from four legged fur coat wearing friends once in a while, it isn't so bad. :)

      Delete