Saturday, April 6, 2019

You haven't heard from me because...

most of this week I have been a lazy bum.

Thursday I had an appointment with my doctor.  Medicare wouldn't pay for part of my oxygen unless I saw my doctor, face to face.  So I did.  I suspected he would use this visit to do the usual blood tests that come with a visit and I was right.  So I found out I am healthier than I was 6 months ago.  I have lost 36 lbs. within the past two years.  I was able to drop one of the meds I take daily.  The swelling in my feet is reduced.  I still need the oxygen, but hey...you can't have everything at my age.  But I don't have to go back for a year.  That works for me.

The best part of the day was having time with my youngest daughter who took me to my appointment.  There was enough waiting time for conversation and that was a good thing. 

When I have a day that includes stairs and walking hallways and in and out of a car, it takes a bit to recover.  Friday was mostly spent reading and napping.  I pretty much stayed away from my computer.  Sometimes I just need to get away from Crazyland in the political world.  I usually follow the news so it was lovely to ignore it all for a day.

Granddaughter Boston called me.  She is spending her Spring Break week checking out colleges with her parents.  She told me all about the ones she had visited and so far really likes a smaller school not far from her home.  She is looking to take classes in business and finance.  She will be a high school Senior next fall and I'm glad she is getting a head start on making her choices. 


Son David and family stopped in on their way home from visiting another college.  They came bearing ice cream.  It was really good, but the most fun was getting caught up on what the three grands had been doing.  And hugs.  Hugs are good.

When they called to see if I wanted them to pick up anything for me on their way to my apartment, I had Maddie Mae's afghan spread all over the kitchen table.  I had been sewing all the granny squares together and had to gather them all up and hide them so Maddie wouldn't see them.  The kids usually don't check this blog unless there is something their Dad tells them about, so I can post a picture soon. 

Not much else going on here in my little corner of the world.  I saw that nasty word 'snow' in the forecast for next week.  I have David's permission to stop praying for snow now because his customers are clamoring for the spring clean-up work his company does every year.  I hope this forecast is wrong.  It is time for lilacs - not snow! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going your way,Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gorges...I was kind of surprised. Usually a doctor visit gives me more negatives than positives!
      Been thinking about you and the Mrs. Hope you both are feeling OK. Prayers.

      Delete
  2. We both saw our Dr on the same day crazy. Glad your doing so well. My weight has not dropped, but its not going up either. We are cooking chicken wings later. 16 lbs will see how much is left. Why 16lbs. I thought one pack was 4lbs. Wrong. And I had my eyes checked too. Hugs are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rob...Hope you had a good report, too. I think the weight loss is mostly due to the fluid pills I have to take. I sure haven't been dieting!
      16 lbs. of wings? WOW! Hope your family was hungry. Sounds good, though!
      Yep...Hugs are the best, especially when they come from the grands. :)

      Delete
  3. Have the kids check out the CLEP tests. Get credit and can skip some classes. THey save a lot of money on tuition and books and. Time sitting in class. A,so your college which ones they accept. Daughter skipped lotsofenglish classes this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about your health! Also good for your grand daughter, I was definitely not planning ahead at her age...

    ReplyDelete