Saturday, February 26, 2022

And just like that...

 the pandemic is over.  Amazing!

I check my local news sources now and then, mostly for amusement.  For the past two years the daily headlines have told us how many new virus cases were reported and how many deaths were attributed to the virus.  

Today?  Crickets.

I guess there is something new to distract us from the invasion at our southern border, the price at the gas pumps and the empty shelves and higher prices at the grocery store.

I have no doubt that the Russian invasion of Ukraine will have an effect on us here in the States.  And in the meantime, I don't see anyone doing a single thing to deal with the problems that directly affect US citizens.

So, as long as I cannot change what is happening in the world around me, I will continue to do what I can to make sure my family is taken care of.  This week I canned ham and added pork chops and chicken to my freezer.  My grocery order included paper products, over the counter meds and instant potatoes.  I will continue to stack it as high as possible.

I refuse to be one of those people who, when the shelves are bare, will look around and wonder what happened and what are they going to do now.

Pray and prepare.    

10 comments:

  1. God blwss you and yours, vicki.
    heard biden is blaming uke war on trump. what fools these mortals be!
    only God can help us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deb...Everything is Trump's fault! At least that's what the left wants us to believe. God forbid anyone on the left take responsibility for their actions. Take good care, deb, and may God bless.

      Delete
  2. God bless and help us all.
    God bless you and yours, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LindaG...It is in God's hands. May God bless and keep you and yours safe.

      Delete
  3. I'm not into hyperbole, and don't run around thinking the sky is falling with every international "crisis."
    I'm looking at what's going on in Ukraine though, and see a situation that, unless perfectly handled, has all the ingredients of WW3. The most worrisome part of this is the one doing the handling. He couldn't handle a two car parade. We should all be very concerned and very prepared...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...I am not one to go hiding under the bed at every hiccup worldwide. But this one has me worried. Not so much about what is happening in Ukraine right now, although that will have an effect on our lives here. But my worry is that we have at the helm one who probably needs help tying his shoes each morning. He could easily bumble us into a world war.
      Me...I am doing everything I possibly can to beef up my preps. And I am encouraging anyone who will listen to do the same. God help us all.

      Delete
  4. now that corona virus ID 19 is swept away maybe there will be a sharp uptick in deaths from heart attacks
    i worry that the us govt will stage blackouts--blamed on russians or domestic terrorists [you know, moms who question school boards]--and vital water and sewerage services will be brought to a halt. this could result in disease and death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. deb...The government is going to do whatever it wants to do. But if we use our energy to worry about what might happen, we will have none left to fight if we need to. We have been preparing for whatever comes our way and it is my belief that we should just continue on.

      Delete
  5. What scares me most is the leftist regime comes right out in the open with their plans and they think we are too stupid to see through their trickery. Hopefully more people are becoming aware of their evil doings. Keep prepping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW...Let them go ahead and think we are stupid. We can glean lots of information that way. We have been preparing for times like these. As long as we don't let fear get the best of us, we will be OK.

      Delete