Sunday, February 20, 2022

Past Time to Get Serious

 I had planned to do a couple of experiments like dehydrating mashed potatoes and canning syrup made from fruit peels.  

After taking a long, hard look at what is happening in the world around us, I decided the best thing I can do right now is stick to my tried-and-true methods of preserving food.

As preppers, we learn to adapt to circumstances.  Only those who live under a rock could fail to see what is happening across our northern border.  Canadians who want their freedoms and lives back and who have been peacefully protesting toward that end, have been treated like terrorists by their leaders.  There is a similar protest planned for the US.  What do you suppose the outcome will be should our people be treated like the Canadians. 

Canada, a land of people known for their friendliness and niceness, has seen their people trampled by horses.  They have watched truck windows being smashed and drivers pulled from their trucks and arrested.  They have watched their people being beaten and arrested for nothing more than standing in the street.

Canada is literally in our backyard.  If you believe nothing like that could happen here, you are delusional.  Enjoy your rainbows and unicorns. 

I don't think I have the time to play with experiments.  And if I haven't been serious about preparing, I should be.  Whether the truckers here decide to form a convoy to DC, or if they just decide to go home, lock the truck door and wait, the results are the same.  Goods will not be delivered.  Stores can run out of food in maybe three days.  People will be hungry in about a week.  Hungry people are dangerous people.

I don't know what the near future holds, but I am not taking chances that everything will be just fine.  Things here have not been just fine for at least two years.  So, I am busy canning and dehydrating and filling in any gaps in my preps.  That's what we do.  We get ready for whatever happens.

God bless those Canadians who want nothing more than to be free from tyrannical mandates.  And bless those here in the States who are on a similar mission.  And I wouldn't mind seeing some righteous punishment for those who willingly hurt the people they are supposed to care about.    

13 comments:

  1. My wife asked today what I would do if Biden declared Martial Law.
    I said I'd wait at the front door with every weapon and cartridge I have because, given my broadcasts, I figure I'm on a list.
    I'm tired of cops and doctors who are only following orders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed...Your response pretty much mirrors my thoughts. This may be just a silly little blog, but I have never been shy about saying what I think - here or anywhere else. I expect I am on a list somewhere - probably one that tracks annoying old ladies. :)

      I have had enough. I am so done with decrees and mandates and idiots thinking they know how I should live my life. I sincerely pray that our country has found its backbone and will stand for what is good and true.

      Delete
    2. I just quit our church today because I was told the new Pastor, who hasn't started yet, has made a decision (I was told by the board president) that to carry in church I need special training an join a security detail.

      Delete
    3. I wish someone would explain to me why we need permission to carry anywhere. This is a personal decision. We really do need to get back to the basics of the Constitution.

      Delete
  2. All we can do here is keep on prepping. Sooner or later they will go too far and then all heck will break loose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer...I think the going too far part is coming sooner than later. If Canada is any indication, I think we can expect the same if the Convoy gets going here. Keep stacking!!

      Delete
  3. PRAY PRAY PRAY
    store water and have some plain bleach to purify water if needed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, I totally agree with everything you said. This is no time to fool around. It is definitely time to be serious about getting ready for what is coming our way. Most of all, pray for God's protection. We are in deep doodoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CW...The doodoo just gets deeper every day. We can't stop it, but we sure can get ready for whatever is coming. And you are right. Prayer is the most important part.

      Delete
  5. People say "How could the people of Venezuela let things get so far?" Well... here we are...

    ...This is NOT the time to back off on our preps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pete...Too many believe nothing bad will ever happen in their back yard. They are wrong. What is happening in Canada can most certainly happen here - in spades. My grocery order for Thursday went in today. Ham and chicken breast to can - easy to fix mixes - cleaning products - over the counter meds. Still stacking it high.

      Delete