Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Best Presents

Christmas presents are nice.  I like them as much as the next person.  But I received two presents this year that are the best of all.

The first was when each of my grandchildren were genuinely happy to see me and showed me with hugs.  Lots of them.  You know how sometimes a kid needs to be prompted to hug a relative?  None of that here.

The second was being surrounded by my children and grandchildren.  Sometimes, what with busy schedules, we as a family have a hard time accomplishing this feat.  So when we all can get together at the same place and at the same time, it is a special treat for me.


I enjoyed every second of it.  Thank you, my family, for such a lovely day.

Love, Mom / Grandma

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing your joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, sometimes something makes you feel so good inside that you just can't keep it to yourself.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice being all together for Christmas.
    We even all got along!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Son, we always get along! It really was a nice day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete