Tuesday, August 21, 2018

They Bring Me Food

Sunday afternoon my youngest son and his family stopped in to see me.  They had been at the horse racing track in the town where I live.  They weren't watching a horse race.  It was a Basset Hound race.

The track will sometimes hold special races.  I have heard of ostrich races and camel races, but this is the first time I heard of Basset Hound races.  A neighbor of theirs was entering his two Basset Hounds in the race and had invited my son and his family to go watch.  David took a short video of the race and it was hysterical.  The winning dog made a beeline down the track to the owner who was urging him on.  The other dogs sort of did their own thing, from trotting to ambling along like a walk in the park.  One kept tripping over his ears.  A fun time was had by all.

Before they came here, David called to see if I needed anything.  As I had just received my groceries a couple of days before, I didn't need anything, so they brought me a Blizzard from Dairy Queen.  I kind of think the kids picked out the flavor as it contained Pop Rocks candy.  It tasted good and the grands laughed at me when the little candy bits started exploding on my tongue!

We had a good time getting caught up on what the kids had been doing over the summer.  But the best part was the hugs when they arrived and the hugs when they departed.

Duane's workplace frowns upon personal phone calls during working hours.  So sometimes he will Facebook Message me to see if I need anything.  Today he messaged to ask if I would like a deli chicken dinner tonight.  Not being one to turn down a hot meal that somebody else cooked on a hot evening, my reply was, "Oh, Yes.  Please!  A good son you are!"

And then Jeri let me know that their fish from Alaska had not yet arrived, but when it did, she would deliver some to me.   I am already drooling in anticipation.  Fish is one of my favorites.

Looks like my family is going to make sure I don't want for good things to eat.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gorges...I thank God every single day for the family I was given.

      Delete
  2. Free food is always the best tasting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob...The chicken supper was really good. And there are enough leftovers for a meal tomorrow. Win---win!

      Delete
  3. Hello, Vicki...I read your blog everyday and so enjoy what you write. I have a question...I sincerely don't wish to offend anyone by asking this, but I just wonder what you think, what are your feelings about the growing Muslem population in your State? If you wish to ignore my post, it's okay....I live in Illinois and honestly don't know anyone living in Minnesota. Thanks, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lynney62...Two things strike me as odd. The first is that you hide your Blogger profile from public view. The second is that you would ask my opinion on a subject that has nothing whatsoever to do with this post. On that basis, I believe I will decline to answer your question.

      Delete
    2. I don't blame you for not answering under those circumstances.

      Delete
    3. I found I was mistaken and that person has commented before, very nicely. So I decided to answer with my next post.

      Delete
  4. When I read there were Bassett races, my first thought was flopping ears tripping the dogs. The pop rocks in your blizzard certainly sound like the choice of kids. Funny! Food I do not have to cook is the best any day. Lucky you. Are they going to cook the fish for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda...I, too, thought about the floppy ears when they told me about the race.
      I doubt that a Pop Rock Blizzard is something my son would order for me. But it was fun - made us laugh.
      The chicken was good and so were the seasoned fries to go with it. It was nice to not have to cook. But I don't hardly think anyone will cook the fish for me. I'm just lucky to get it. :)

      Delete