Thursday, May 24, 2012

Dance Recital 2012


It is a blessing and comfort to me to know that my grandchildren are being raised right.  All of them know how to say "Thank You" for gifts given them or for attending an event that involves them.  I am generally given hugs as well, and that is a bonus.

I received a card in the mail today from Boston and Maddie, thanking me for attending their dance recital last Saturday.  The pleasure was all mine.  It was so much fun to watch those girls dance.  They danced with style and attitude, and I loved every minute of it.  And it was fun for me to see several people that I hadn't seen for a while.

Photos and videos aren't allowed at the recitals, but this was included in the card.



My hat is off to David and Staci for all the work they do so these girls can dance.  Staci puts in very long days at the competitions and recitals, helping the girls with their hair and costumes, and David works at Twins games to raise money for dance.  And how many Dads are willing to do cartwheels across a stage for the "Daddy - Daughter Dance!"  I really wish I could have gotten a picture of that!

Thank you, Boston and Maddie, for sending me the card and especially for the picture.  And for giving your Grandma such an afternoon of fun.  I am looking forward to the next time I can watch you dance.

2 comments:

  1. Hi grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for the special blog!! I really liked it!! It made me feel really good inside. I am glad you had fun and thanks again for coming!! I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!
    Hugs and kisses from Boston

    Hi grandma!!!!!! This is Maddie thank you for coming to our dance recital!!!I had FUN dancing and had a wonderful time also seeing you Your grandaugter Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boston & Maddie...

    I'm glad that you liked this blog post! I had lots of fun watching you dance!! You did a really good job. And I love both of you, too. Hugs & Kisses back at you.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete