Thursday, July 18, 2013

For Your Viewing Pleasure

At 8:30 this morning the temperature in my little apartment was already up to 84 degrees.  My computer is located in the warmest room and as it is not a laptop, I can't move to a cooler spot.  Writing about my mother seems to be taking some time, so I will give you some random photos to look at until it cools off a bit in here.  Personally, I have had enough summer now and am looking forward to the cool breezes of fall.


Mom at about age 16.


Mom and her sister Emily in 1945.


Mom making a face at Dad for taking her picture in about 1953.


Mom, Dad and me in Blackduck, 1948.


Dad with his cousin, Eleanor Lindsey in 1925.   Dad was 13 or 14 years old.


Mom and Dad right after their wedding in July of 1945.


Mom and Dad nearly 50 years later.


Mom with puppies at Grandma Paul's house in St. Paul.


Dad.  I don't know when or where this picture was taken.  Anybody recognize it?


Dad Being silly, trying to make Mom laugh.  Early 1960's.

I'll be back with more stories as soon as my apartment cools down a little bit.  If you like the pictures, let me know and I can post lots more.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing the old photos. Duane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoy them. So do I. I will probably add more in the next day or so, because I didn't get anything written today! Still hot in here.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki - Love reading your blog and looking at the pictures. You have inherited the Paul talent of being a good writer! I believe the puppies were born to my mom's cocker spaniel Buttons. And I remember that chair and TV being at Grandma's House!

    Cousin Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - Thank you for the compliment. I'm glad that you are enjoying the blog. I remember Buttons and the puppies. Grandma kept them corralled in the bathroom to keep them from shredding her house. She acted disgusted with them, but the twinkle in her eye when they were rip roaring around belied it!

    ReplyDelete