Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Writer's Block and Cookies

So after wasting a couple of hours this morning writing and deleting, writing and deleting and writing some more and deleting some more, it is painfully obvious that today I got nuthin'.

As long as the temperatures here are still cooler than usual, I am off to the kitchen to bake cookies.  I watched a video yesterday about sealing homemade cookies in mason jars using a Foodsaver and I want to give it a test run.  The person who posted the video, Deb at "perbain" channel, is one that I have learned much from, and she said that cookies stored this way were just like fresh when the jars were opened a year later.  Normally I will take a day or two, bake a bunch of stuff and freeze it.  But Number 1 Son is looking to get us a hog to share and I want to keep my freezer fairly empty for that.

A freezer full of cookies or a freezer full of pork chops, ham and bacon.  No contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment