Friday, July 26, 2013

Stun Gun Guy

So last evening I'm sitting at my computer writing and minding my own business.  My windows are open as I am enjoying a cool evening breeze.  All of a sudden I hear a sound that I can only describe as sort of electrical, like when a wire breaks and sends sparks in all directions.  This is followed by loud yelling voices.  I thought maybe a street light had shorted out so I go to the window to see if that is the case.

It isn't.  What I see is a crowd of about eight young men on my side of the street.  Across the street are three more, and it looks like two of them are trying to fight with the third.  But the third is holding a stun gun.  That was the sound I heard.  The two are jumping around the stun gun guy like they are in a boxing ring.  The group across the street are yelling, egging them on.  Eventually the guy holding the stun gun flashes it a couple more times, turns and walks up the alley.  The would be combatants are left yelling  all sorts of words that were disparaging to the stun gun guy's ancestry.  I thought that the taunt, "I double dog dare you" wasn't used much after grade school.

But then, it doesn't appear that any of these people have progressed beyond the age of seven.  I really had to laugh when all of a sudden one of them yells, "Scatter!  Here come the cops!"  I haven't heard those words since high school.

I really need to find a more quiet place to live.

2 comments:

  1. About a year ago, my mother had two young men, both on three wheel bicycles, with large boom box speakers that would pass down the street each evening.

    As they slowly made their way down the street, their gangsta rap blared for all to hear.

    Six months ago, I noticed there was only one of the bicycles. A few questions to the right people and I learned one was run over and killed.

    Over the last few weeks, I can't recall hearing the last gangsta bicyclist. I have a feeling he's suffered the same fate as the other. Even worse, after seeing how much they irritated anyone they encountered, I'm thinking the accidents were too convenient....and I doubt but a few people will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, you are probably right about convenient accidents. I suspect that these people know just how annoying they are and that is the biggest reason they do it. Or they just do not care about anybody except themselves.

    I know that I joke somewhat about these annoyances for if I didn't I would be angry much of the time, and I don't want to live like that - hating the world. But it seems that the older I get, the more I just want to be left alone to enjoy my quiet lifestyle. Probably not gonna happen any time soon, though!

    ReplyDelete