Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pictures of Mom

I don't have a lot of pictures of my Mom's younger years.  As far as I know, there are no pictures in existence of her before the age of 6 years or so.  With the exception of this one.

Mom always joked that this was the first picture ever taken of her with her parents.  She hadn't been born yet, but would be in a month or so after the picture was taken.

Mom on the left with her sister Margaret, in the mid 1930's.

This was taken after one of my Grandpa Paul's church services in Nebish in the early 1940's.  Grandpa and Margaret are in front with Mom behind Margaret.  In the back are her brother Duane, Grandma Paul, Duane's wife Mildred and Mom's sister Elaine.

Between the time Mom's family moved to St. Paul and the time she married Dad, Mom worked as a nurses aide at the N. P. Hospital in St. Paul.

Mom at about age 16.

This is my favorite photo of Mom.  It was taken in 1945 before she and Dad were married.

Mom in the back with Margaret and her sisters Elaine and Adella and brother Duane in front.  Taken in the mid-1930's.

This is the youngest picture of Mom that I have.  She is the little girl with the lace-up dress on the far left.  I think this must have been a school or church pageant.

Mom in Blackduck, about 1947.

Mom about 1990.

I love going through the old family photos.  They bring back so many memories.  Sometimes good ones that make me laugh and others that bring tears. And they give me a glimpse of what life was like way back when.  I am glad that I have collected these through the years and that I can show my children and grandchildren a little bit of what their grandparents were all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment