Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Nice Quiet Day

Sometimes a nice quiet day is just what is needed.  The effects of the arthritis flare-up are lessening, but I may just postpone anything very strenuous the rest of the week.  Saturday is my Granddaughter's annual dance recital.  I have been there every year since they started dance, and I sure don't want to miss this one.  I got to watch them perform their solo dances at a competition, but not the group dances, which they will do at the recital.  I look forward to watching them dance on stage every year.  And at each recital there is a Daddy-Daughter dance that is always fun.  Definitely don't want to miss that one!

So today I just puttered about.  I had a good excuse not to get too carried away, as I have no hot water today.  A neighbor has a broken hot water tap in her apartment, so the hot water to the entire building has been shut off until a new tap can be installed this evening.  Yeah, I know that if I wanted to, I could just heat water on the stove, but I will take the excuse to be lazy today instead!

So today wasn't a total loss, I spent the morning finishing up sewing crocheted granny squares together to form long strips, and am in the process of sewing those strips together to form the afghan.  The pooches are happy, for they have been taking turns curling up in my lap for pets and belly rubs.  The sun is shining.  A slight breeze is coming in my open windows.  A beef stew is bubbling on the back burner and soon I will stir up a pan of biscuits to go with it.

There is something to be said for spending a nice, quiet day.

4 comments:

  1. A quiet day? With homemade stew and biscuits? Sounds like a small piece of paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess...You are right. What with stew and biscuits, happy pooches and considerably less pain, this is my own little piece of paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They better get on the stick and get that hot water issue fixed ASAP. That's not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to worry, Harry. It's fixed. I've got no more excuses to be lazy!

    ReplyDelete